Microsoft is bolstering its cloud presence with its Office 365 cloud application suite and believes it has more to offer enterprises than Google has with its own online applications, a Microsoft executive said on Thursday.
VMware wants people to be able to access enterprise applications with the same ease and flexibility they enjoy from Facebook and Gmail. That is, on any device, without a thought about where the service originated.
"Virtualisation is not inherently insecure. However, most virtualised workloads are being deployed insecurely."
Oracle may own the Java trademark, but VMware is touting its own Spring framework as the best programming model for enterprise Java developers.
Last week it was Colt announcing its cloud service, a little further down the scale, Atlanta has also announced its own virtualisation strategy, tying together products from a range of vendors.
VMware plans to offer a hosted development environment that should ease the deployment of applications to cloud environments, the company announced Tuesday.
VMware is working on products that will give enterprises more control over Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, including how users are authenticated, company CTO Steve Herrod, said in an interview on Tuesday.
Vmware is set to address the problem that many SMEs find when it come to using cloud services - the lack of expertise in-house. At its VMworld Europe conference, the company is releasing the beta of a service called Go Pro, which will enable customer...
The future for IT lies in automating as much as possible of the infrastructure, allowing users to self-provision applications, all in a mixture of virtualized private and public clouds, according to VMware's CEO Paul Maritz.
VMware has demonstrated a new client application for its vCenter management tools that runs on the Apple iPad.
Rivals Citrix and VMware have taken their battle beyond technology development, even beyond marketing. Now they're working on the imaginations and psychology of potential customers and, to a certain extent, rewriting history.
Virtualization is on its way to mobile phones and could allow consumers to buy cheaper smartphones, download a wider variety of apps, or have a single device for both personal and businesses use, according to executives from VMware and other vendors....
Orange Business Services has formed an alliance with Cisco, EMC and VMware to help enterprises adopt private clouds, the company said on Monday.
Weighing in on a seemingly perennial question asked by system administrators, IT analysts Osterman Research is recommending that virtual machines be defragmented just as often as physical drives.
Orange Business Services appears poised to become a cloud service provider using pre-integrated "VBlocks" from Cisco Systems, EMC and VMware.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Elgato's Stream Deck is a programmable LCD control center that makes game streaming easy
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior System/Network EngineerACT
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD
- FTLead Change Manager- Culture & Process ChangeNSW
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- TPAutomation Test AnalystSA
- FTData Analyst LeadSA
- CCHyperion SpecialistQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst-InfrastructureNSW
- FTCCTV Sales & SupportNSW
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectWA
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analysis - FinanceQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTPolicy & Programme OfficerACT