The clock is ticking on the demise of some downgrade rights for Windows 7, an analyst said Thursday.
The Vista Kernal Patch Protection feature, known as PatchGuard, is intended by Microsoft to prevent modifying system structures for purpose of intercepting system calls, said Bruce McCorkendale, Symantec's distinguished engineer.
Windows 7 has broken the 4% market share barrier in less than three weeks, a mark that took Windows Vista five months to reach, a Web metrics company said today.
For most people who are considering moving to Windows 7, October 22 is D-Day. On that date Microsoft's newest operating system lands on store shelves, both as a shrinkwrapped upgrade and preinstalled on new PCs. For some folks, though, D-Day has alre...
Vista, I have to tell you something, and I thought it would be easier to say in a letter. Microsoft's newest operating system is on its way; Windows 7 will be here on October 22. So, I know this is kind of awkward, Vista, but I'm going to have to ask...
For the last couple months I've been troubleshooting a vexing problem on my new quad-core HP desktop: Roughly once per week, the machine would start running as slow as molasses.
When we last left our intrepid blogger (way back on Friday), he'd pointed the finger at Vista's Disk Defragmenter and cried, "J'accuse!"
As most Windows watchers know by now, Windows 7 brings a handful of interface tweaks to the table, starting with large, eye-pleasing program icons that take up residence in the taskbar. Of course, this is little more than an update to the Quick Launc...
One thing you should know about me: I'm no fan of Windows Vista. Some things about it just annoy me to death, like the unnecessary overhaul of certain interface elements. That said, Vista has a few features I positively love, starting with connection...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW