PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
The dawn of the new millennium prompted fears about the future, but so far reality has not quite matched the predictions of catastrophe. The first ten years passed uneventfully--well, aside from Y2K and a bunch of intelligent computer viruses. Here's...
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
In 1989, Eugene Kaspersky ran afoul of the Cascade virus while working for the Ministry of Defence in the heart of the Soviet Union. He defeated it with his wits and a pencil.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW