Red Hat has polished the open source OpenStack Cloud hosting software so that it can be more easily deployed within enterprises.
Now enterprise administrators can catch a bit of the magic that Google seemingly uses to smoothly run large Web scale applications. The company has released a production-ready version its Kubernetes software that manages virtual containers.
Some of the biggest names in IT and online services have banded together to standardize the way applications are run in the cloud.
After entering beta roughly three months ago, Oracle's VM VirtualBox 5.0 virtualization software is now generally available, offering faster performance and better security.
Amazon Web Services is hoping better management tools will convince enterprises to move more applications to the cloud, but getting their internal management processes right is even more important than anything the vendor can offer.
Apple iPad users will soon be able to interact with Citrix Systems' virtual Windows apps using a mouse.
VMware may have pioneered enterprise virtualization, but until Monday it had been relatively quiet when it comes to Docker containers, the popular lightweight form of application virtualization.
With updates for both the core Docker engine and its registry software, Docker has endeavored to make its popular software container technology faster to deploy and easier to manage.
Hoping to build on the success of Docker-based Linux containers, Microsoft has developed a container technology to run on its Windows Server operating system.
Amazon Web Services has made its WorkSpaces virtual desktops less annoying to use with a feature that resumes the previous session after it detects an interruption.
EMC is drawing on its "federation" of companies to help customers build data lakes using EMC storage, VMware virtualisation and Pivotal Big Data smarts.
The containerization trend has been growing fast and furious over the past year or so in the world of software development, and on Thursday leading player Docker announced a step toward further expansion.
VMware's VMware Horizon desktop virtualization software suite will soon deliver virtual Linux desktops over a network, in addition to the Microsoft Windows desktops it has long provided for remote workers.
Reacting to the surging popularity of the Docker virtualization technology, Red Hat has customized a version of its Linux distribution to run Docker containers.
The push to virtualize mobile networks is picking up speed at Mobile World Congress this week as carriers and vendors promise new services and faster connections.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW