The first question is: Where’s the Cloud?
Despite their years-long rivalry, Microsoft and VMware have teamed in a new partnership that's part of Microsoft's collaborative strategy shift.
Organizations wishing to explore the use of Docker containers can now tap into commercial support, as well as some new software, to help them manage the new technology.
Need to hold a virtual meeting complete with screen sharing? Or maybe you just need to remotely access a colleague’s computer to help him with a quick fix. Here are 15 ways to get the job done -- for free.
The Microsoft of today is not the same as the Microsoft as yesterday, and Satya Nadella's appointment as CEO was the catalyst.
Click through all the products being released at VMworld this week
VMware wants to bring enterprise-class reliability to OpenStack by releasing a distribution of cloud hosting software that runs on top of the virtualization stack.
What IT pros like, in their own words
These four products represent different approaches to VM security
In Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft has released a compelling operating system update that’s targeted directly at its virtualisation and Cloud competition. Here are 10 things we like about Windows Server 2012 R2.
VMware boosts performance, scalability, and usability with enhancements that stretch from the hypervisor to the management stack
Click through to see all the latest from the show in San Francisco.
VMware, Microsoft score high in test of hosted virtual desktop infrastructure
Dell has released a new software product designed to make solid-state-drive caching on servers more efficient, resulting in improved performance of applications such as databases.
HP and Microsoft have announced a new four-year partnership to deliver public, private and hybrid cloud solutions built around Microsoft Office 365 and its on-premise equivalents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCMobile LI SMEVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCTechnical WriterACT