The popular photo-sharing app aims to become a hub for longer video.
Because that's what's confusing about Twitter: the stars.
Smartphone sales increased substantially in the second quarter of 2015, but the rate of growth continued to slow, fueling concerns that the market has started to become saturated, according to a study released today by Juniper Research.
Twitter's Vine video service has released a cute new app for kids, but let's get real: This is a gateway drug.
Twitter has decided to clamp down on the posting of explicit sexual content on its Vine video-sharing service.
Twitter became an Internet phenomenon as a tool for posting short text messages, but now it also wants to feature multimedia content more prominently.
Twitter's Vine video sharing app and Instagram now share a useful feature: editing.
Vine, the video service introduced by Twitter in January, now has 40 million registered users, it said Tuesday.
Instagram is doing everything in its power to point out the differences between its videos and Vines. Now you can import videos to the app from your Camera Roll, a feature Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom promised back in June.
Vine, the trendy Twitter-owned mobile video app, is coming to the Windows Phone 8 operating system about six months after its initial launch on iOS.
People might start seeing a lot more Instagram content across the Web -- the photo- and video-sharing app has just announced the introduction of Web embeds.
Vine, Twitter's mobile video service, has just gained several new features designed to make it easier to shoot with the app and to share videos more widely.
In yet another mobile acquisition, Yahoo has acquired Qwiki, a New York City company that makes an app for turning photos and videos into short, edited movies.
The bricks keep falling into place for Vine, Twitter's hot six-second microvideo app. Mere days after Vine for Android added selfie-inducing front camera support, version 1.2 of the app is now available in the Amazon App Store.
Vine for Android is catching up to its iOS counterpart with the addition of front-camera support. Whether the power of selfies will compel users who have decamped to Instagram to go back over to Vine remains to be seen.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA