Google has named a top executive from its advertising business to become the new chief executive of its YouTube service.
App developers can now push their software onto a TV screen using a software development kit that Google is introducing for its Chromecast media streaming device.
Imagine using a separate Facebook app just for sharing status updates with your closest friends, or maybe co-workers. In the next few years, such an app could exist.
Netflix has a message for ISPs that might be thinking about charging more to carry its video service in the wake of last week's net neutrality ruling: Do so at your own risk.
A new Google service uses YouTube to shed some light on the bandwidth delivered by ISPs.
Amazon has approached several major media conglomerates to discuss adding live cable TV channels to its Prime Instant Video service, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal on Monday.
The U.S. Supreme Court will hear a battle between TV broadcasters and Aereo, a startup that streams television over the Internet, as the final step in a case that could have broad implications for the future of online TV services.
Snapchat, reeling from a recent hack that exposed millions of user names and partially redacted phone numbers of its members, will now let users back out of the feature that hackers abused.
Do you ever wonder what people 2000 years from now will think of our current society when they discover that we spent our days watching videos of angry-looking cats? I don't, and it's probably for the best. In any case, here are the biggest, best, be...
Sony Corp. of America has agreed to sell its Gracenote music metadata business to the Tribune media conglomerate for US$170 million.
Italy's Supreme Court ended the prosecution of Google executives for allowing the posting of a video showing the bullying of a handicapped boy, three years after they were convicted of violating privacy laws.
Facebook, in a move poised to give a major boost to its position as a mass media platform, will soon start placing video ads into users' feeds.
The latest twist in the debate over in-flight calling might allow users of some Internet-based services to do voice and video chats immediately on some airliners.
Microsoft's acquisition of Skype is compatible with European Union competition law, the General Court of the E.U. ruled Wednesday.
Yahoo may soon be broadcasting more concerts following its acquisition of live music streaming startup Evntlive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Automation) - Finance - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTJava Team LeadVIC