Tidal, the Jay Z-owned streaming service built around high quality tracks, is relaunching in a move that could give consumers a new option when weighing competitors like Spotify or Pandora.
There's nothing like a brand-new medium to put marketing departments into overdrive, and it would be hard to find a better example than the recent, rapid-fire arrival of live-stream video apps Meerkat and Periscope.
Twitter has started to let videos play automatically in some people's feeds, in a test that could allow it to make more money from video advertising.
Account information for users of Twitch, the popular live-streaming service for gamers, may have been accessed through unauthorised means, the service warned on Monday.
Google says its new YouTube app for kids is its first product "built from the ground up with little ones in mind," and it appears to have taken careful steps not to ignite a furor by sacrificing children's' privacy for its business interests.
Google is launching a version for kids of YouTube that will feature appropriate content and controls, in line with its strategy to redesign some of its products for use by this segment.
Google is pulling the plug on Helpouts, the company's service to provide answers and advice by connecting information seekers with experts via live video.
"The Legend of Zelda," the popular fantasy-themed video game published by Nintendo, is said to be coming to Netflix as a live-action series.
Twitter's Vine video service has released a cute new app for kids, but let's get real: This is a gateway drug.
U.S. federal regulators are clamping down on revenge porn, taking aim at a website whose operator allegedly deceived women into sending intimate photos of themselves and then charged them to have the pictures removed.
This week's northeast blizzard may have shut down roads and businesses, but it was also beautiful. And serene. And the source of some awesome video.
It's been a week of milestones for Amazon's ambitions as content producer, as it makes its way down a path paved by another Internet-based company -- Netflix. Both companies are now giving legacy producers of quality TV content a run for their money,...
Facebook is acquiring QuickFire Networks, a video processing and transcoding company that should help the social network deliver video more efficiently to its users as more of it shows up in their feeds.
The number of videos in people's Facebook feeds grew by 3.6 times over the past year, the company says, a trend likely to grow as the company pushes deeper into video.
Kim Dotcom, founder of the file hosting service Mega, is preparing to launch an encrypted video-calling and chat service that will shield its users' communications from government surveillance.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT