Google and Viacom have settled a 2007 lawsuit in which Viacom originally demanded US$1 billion from Google for what it said was massive copyright infringement on YouTube.
The music industry's lawsuit against a popular YouTube channel this week could indicate that publishers are looking for savvier ways to attack piracy besides going after YouTube itself, a legal expert said.
A federal court in New York has denied class certification to copyright owners in an infringement lawsuit against YouTube over unauthorized hosting of content, stating that copyright claims have only superficial similarities.
Eight former staff members of the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee are now lobbying on behalf of companies or groups supporting controversial copyright enforcement legislation in Congress, an example of the close ties often found bet...
Time Warner has asked a judge to rule on whether it has the right to let customers stream cable content to their iPads, a question that has lit up debate among content providers, cable companies and their customers over the past weeks.
Media giant Viacom announced plans to sell Rock Band developer Harmonix during its third quarter financial results report this morning. Support for the franchise and Dance Central will continue.
Viacom's US$1 billion copyright infringement lawsuit against Google's video-sharing site YouTube has been dismissed by the court, ending for now an acrimonious legal battle between the companies that has been going on for more than three years.
If you love an old-fashioned courtroom battle with a new media twist, the Google vs. Viacom copyright-infringement case makes for great entertainment. This lengthy (and particularly pissy) quarrel, which dates back to 2007, centers on Viacom's claim ...
Google and Viacom exchanged corporate unpleasantries on Thursday after the release of previously sealed documents in Viacom's three-year-old lawsuit against Google alleging copyright infringement on YouTube.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCData and Business AnalystACT
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW