SAP and Versata Software have abruptly settled a long-running patent dispute that dates back to 2007, and of late had SAP facing the prospect of paying a US$391 million judgment.
The U.S. Supreme Court rejected an appeal from SAP of a US$391 million judgment given to Versata Software in a patent lawsuit the latter filed, but SAP is vowing to fight onward.
An appeals court has rejected SAP's attempt to overturn a US$345 million judgment awarded to Versata Software, which had brought a patent-infringement case against the software maker.
A federal jury has ordered SAP to pay Versata Software damages of $US345 million in connection with a patent infringement lawsuit.
A federal judge has set aside the $US139 million judgment against SAP that a jury awarded Versata Software in August 2009, according to a ruling filed Thursday in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Intel's Itanium to live an as HPE commits to new servers with the chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia