The U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman's view of net neutrality rules and President Barack Obama's are not as different as some reports this week have suggested, the chairman said Friday.
Digital rights group Public Knowledge will file net neutrality complaints against each of the four largest mobile carriers in the U.S. over their practice of throttling some traffic, in some cases on so-called unlimited data plans.
FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler has sharply questioned Verizon Wireless over its plan announced last week to throttle mobile data speeds for customers with unlimited plans.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will limit the amount of spectrum the nation's two largest mobile carriers can buy in an upcoming auction of highly sought spectrum now controlled by television stations.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will reserve a significant amount of spectrum in its upcoming auctions of the television band for unlicensed uses such as Wi-Fi, agency officials said Friday.
The CEO of Japan's SoftBank mobile carrier promised to bring stiff price and speed competition to the U.S., saying he feels an obligation to improve slow speeds and drive down prices.
Executives with three U.S. mobile carriers have voiced support for an effort in the U.S. Congress to encourage mobile carriers to offer services to customers that would render smartphones and tablets inoperable if they're stolen.
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
U.S. cellphone carriers were offered a technology last year that supporters say would dramatically cut incidents of smartphone theft, but the carriers turned it down, according to sources with knowledge of the proposal.
Verizon Communications now owns its mobile business outright after closing its acquisition of Vodafone Group's 45 percent stake in Verizon Wireless.
Cable operators Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications have joined forces and formed WifiForward, an organization that will work to protect existing unlicensed frequencies and get lawmakers to free up more spectrum.
When a certain Los Angeles office building lights up, it's a dark day for nearby cellphone users, according to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Verizon Wireless will fulfill a vision it revealed a year ago by streaming the 2014 Super Bowl live via an LTE broadcast, though it will only reach an invited audience at a Verizon event in New York.
Verizon Communications shareholders pushed forward the full buyout of Verizon Wireless on Tuesday, voting to approve the issuance of stock to Vodafone Group shareholders.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT