The U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman's view of net neutrality rules and President Barack Obama's are not as different as some reports this week have suggested, the chairman said Friday.
Digital rights group Public Knowledge will file net neutrality complaints against each of the four largest mobile carriers in the U.S. over their practice of throttling some traffic, in some cases on so-called unlimited data plans.
FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler has sharply questioned Verizon Wireless over its plan announced last week to throttle mobile data speeds for customers with unlimited plans.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will limit the amount of spectrum the nation's two largest mobile carriers can buy in an upcoming auction of highly sought spectrum now controlled by television stations.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will reserve a significant amount of spectrum in its upcoming auctions of the television band for unlicensed uses such as Wi-Fi, agency officials said Friday.
The CEO of Japan's SoftBank mobile carrier promised to bring stiff price and speed competition to the U.S., saying he feels an obligation to improve slow speeds and drive down prices.
Executives with three U.S. mobile carriers have voiced support for an effort in the U.S. Congress to encourage mobile carriers to offer services to customers that would render smartphones and tablets inoperable if they're stolen.
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
U.S. cellphone carriers were offered a technology last year that supporters say would dramatically cut incidents of smartphone theft, but the carriers turned it down, according to sources with knowledge of the proposal.
Verizon Communications now owns its mobile business outright after closing its acquisition of Vodafone Group's 45 percent stake in Verizon Wireless.
Cable operators Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications have joined forces and formed WifiForward, an organization that will work to protect existing unlicensed frequencies and get lawmakers to free up more spectrum.
When a certain Los Angeles office building lights up, it's a dark day for nearby cellphone users, according to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Verizon Wireless will fulfill a vision it revealed a year ago by streaming the 2014 Super Bowl live via an LTE broadcast, though it will only reach an invited audience at a Verizon event in New York.
Verizon Communications shareholders pushed forward the full buyout of Verizon Wireless on Tuesday, voting to approve the issuance of stock to Vodafone Group shareholders.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
- AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- CCProcess Engineer- TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW