The U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman's view of net neutrality rules and President Barack Obama's are not as different as some reports this week have suggested, the chairman said Friday.
Digital rights group Public Knowledge will file net neutrality complaints against each of the four largest mobile carriers in the U.S. over their practice of throttling some traffic, in some cases on so-called unlimited data plans.
FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler has sharply questioned Verizon Wireless over its plan announced last week to throttle mobile data speeds for customers with unlimited plans.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will limit the amount of spectrum the nation's two largest mobile carriers can buy in an upcoming auction of highly sought spectrum now controlled by television stations.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will reserve a significant amount of spectrum in its upcoming auctions of the television band for unlicensed uses such as Wi-Fi, agency officials said Friday.
The CEO of Japan's SoftBank mobile carrier promised to bring stiff price and speed competition to the U.S., saying he feels an obligation to improve slow speeds and drive down prices.
Executives with three U.S. mobile carriers have voiced support for an effort in the U.S. Congress to encourage mobile carriers to offer services to customers that would render smartphones and tablets inoperable if they're stolen.
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
U.S. cellphone carriers were offered a technology last year that supporters say would dramatically cut incidents of smartphone theft, but the carriers turned it down, according to sources with knowledge of the proposal.
Verizon Communications now owns its mobile business outright after closing its acquisition of Vodafone Group's 45 percent stake in Verizon Wireless.
Cable operators Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications have joined forces and formed WifiForward, an organization that will work to protect existing unlicensed frequencies and get lawmakers to free up more spectrum.
When a certain Los Angeles office building lights up, it's a dark day for nearby cellphone users, according to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Verizon Wireless will fulfill a vision it revealed a year ago by streaming the 2014 Super Bowl live via an LTE broadcast, though it will only reach an invited audience at a Verizon event in New York.
Verizon Communications shareholders pushed forward the full buyout of Verizon Wireless on Tuesday, voting to approve the issuance of stock to Vodafone Group shareholders.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- New report says Google watches made by LG, to be released Feb. 9
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCProcurement AnalystQLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW