Self-driving cars will try to avoid robot pedestrians in a simulated city as part of an effort to make real-world streets safer.
Microsoft reshuffles executives... Uber goes to court to deny driver rights... AT&T faces $100M fine over unlimited data limitations... and more tech news
Buying one slick connected device after another until you have a smart home sounds cool, but things may not work out that smoothly.
Fujitsu unlocks smartphone with iris ... Russian cybergroup stalks U.S. bank customers ... Online video pushes up cloud power consumption ... and more tech news
Verizon Communications has agreed to buy AOL for about US$4.4 billion, as it looks to build more extensive digital and video platforms to drive future growth.
You've probably heard about the looming shortage of Internet addresses, even if you've never gone looking for one. But depending on what websites you visit and how you get to them, you may be helping to solve it.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission voted Thursday to pass new net neutrality rules and reclassify broadband as a regulated telecommunications service, but the text of the full order may not be released for several weeks. Here's what we know s...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to approve new net neutrality rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated public utility, over the objections of the commission's Republican members and large broadband providers.
Verizon Communications will sell its local wireline operations in California, Florida and Texas for $10.5 billion, citing uncertainty around federal Internet regulation as one reason for the move.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has redefined advanced broadband as having 25Mbps download speeds, up from 4Mbps, giving the agency new authority to pass rules to encourage deployment across the country.
Verizon fixed a serious vulnerability in its My FiOS mobile application that allowed unfettered access to email accounts, according to a developer who found the problem.
Online advertising company Turn said Friday it will stop using a controversial tracking method by early next month that aids serving targeted advertisements to Verizon's mobile customers.
Sprint wouldn't object to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission reclassifying broadband as a regulated public utility in order to pass strong net neutrality rules, as long as the agency applies those new regulations with a "light touch," the mob...
The Electronic Frontier Foundation has published a list of tools that can block online advertising companies from collecting web browsing data in ways that privacy advocates contend are deceptive.
The owners of more than 200 million cars in the U.S. will be able to monitor their vehicles and get roadside assistance through a service Verizon will offer in by mid-year for US$14.99 per month.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCProject Manager - Web & Portal Delivery- Government backgroundNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCPMO Analyst/Project AnalystNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCGIS ConsultantACT
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- CCTest ManagerNSW