Despite a big push over the past few years to use encryption to combat security breaches, lack of expertise among developers and overly complex libraries have led to widespread implementation failures in business applications.
Government organizations are struggling when it comes to securing the computer software they use, which could partially explain the large data breaches reported in that sector over the past several years.
In the latest blow to Internet of Things (IoT) security, an analysis of smart home devices has found flaws that could give attackers access to sensitive data or allow them to control door locks and sensors.
In today's world of agile software development and fast release cycles, developers increasingly rely on third-party libraries and components to get the job done. Since many of those libraries come from long-running, open-source projects, developers o...
Cross-site scripting flaws are the most prevalent vulnerabilities found in Web applications, posing a risk to data and intellectual property, according to a study of thousands of applications by vendor Veracode.
The Lulzsec hacking group continues to cause headaches for IT staffers. On Monday it published data it obtained from servers belonging to the U.S. Senate and Bethesda Softworks, a Rockville, Maryland, game maker.
Security developers are one of the two software sectors most likely to write insecure code, an analysis of applications submitted to code-testing outfit Veracode has found.
The use of third-party code in applications represents a big security risk for companies, according to a study from security vendor Veracode.
Outsourced software is a hotspot for the sort of hidden security problems that leave applications vulnerable, an analysis by code testing outfit Veracode has warned.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- 60 turns with Civilization VI: 3 key tweaks will change how you conquer the world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW