Indian security researchers have released proof-of-concept code that can be used to take over a computer running Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system, despite earlier promising not to make the code public for fear it could be misused.
Trusted Platform Modules and BitLocker Drive Encryption can protect Windows 7 computers against a bootkit attack unveiled last week but these technologies won't be available on a large portion of computers, leaving millions of users unprotected when ...
Security researchers demonstrated how to take control of a computer running Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system at the Hack In The Box Security Conference (HITB) in Dubai on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC