Looking to expand into a new market, AppDynamics has updated its application monitoring software to provide real-time insights that can be useful for business managers as well as IT staff.
As it preps Oracle Enterprise Manager to run private clouds, Oracle has released an update to the management software that offers the ability for organizations to offer production-ready databases as a service.
Enterprise search software provider LucidWorks has introduced a package based on its open-source Apache Solr search engine that will allow administrators and business analysts to extract more information from IT system logs.
Hewlett-Packard has updated its Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) suite to accommodate the ever-quickening pace of today's software programming teams.
Novell has expanded the scope of its Novell ZENWorks IT management suite so that it can watch over 100,000 devices or more with a single server.
Hewlett-Packard is expanding the scope of its OneView infrastructure management console, releasing a OneView plug-in that should help system administrators more efficiently manage their VMware vCenter operations with OneView functionality.
The person who became known on the Internet for yelling at servers is now becoming famous for another, somewhat related, feat, creating a new type of data visualization for characterizing system performance.
Software provider New Relic is extending its system administrator tools for monitoring the performance of applications to help business managers as well.
Puppet has added some visual pizzazz to its namesake open source IT automation software, providing a graphic event inspector for administrators to see at a glance where trouble spots in their systems reside.
Backupify, a cloud-based backup service offered for SaaS platforms including Salesforce and Google Apps, may expand to many other SaaS platforms through a developer kit designed for quick and easy integration.
Splunk continues to enhance its flagship machine data search engine so it can be used by business analysts and managers, in addition to its typical audience of system and network administrators.
Open-source IT automation software vendor Puppet Labs has acquired Cloudsmith, which provides tools and services that can help administrators and developers more easily use the Puppet software.
Rejoice, Samsung and HTC Android phones owners: Google has made the stock Android keyboard available as a standalone app in Google Play. And the app includes gestures and voice typing.
Compuware has updated its application performance management (APM) software to give administrators more insight into what might be slowing application performance, thanks to the inclusion of new metrics showing the operational health of the host infr...
With an update to its namesake configuration tool, Puppet Labs has introduced a programming language designed to give administrators more flexibility in scripting their deployment routines.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- Laptops are about to get a whole lot faster
- After bias furor, Facebook replaces people with algorithms
- Ford, MIT use Bostonians’ cellphone location data for traffic planning
- Google Wallet will now automatically send money transfers straight to your bank account
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCDeployment CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager XPLANNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- FTData ScientistNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCCompliance Officer - ProcurementVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT