Microsoft is denying that there is a security hole in the User Account Control (UAC) feature of Windows 7 after a blogger reported it last week and posted what he said was a fix for it.
user account control
A change that Microsoft made in Windows 7 to improve its controversial User Account Control security feature has left the new OS less secure, according to a blogger who follows Microsoft closely.
Attendees of the International Conference on Cyber Security 2009 in New York Tuesday were reminded of the shortcomings of Windows Vista a day before Microsoft is expected to reveal the first beta for its follow-up, Windows 7.
Microsoft plans to improve the much-maligned user account control (UAC) feature in the next version of its Windows client OS, acknowledging that the new security feature it built into Windows Vista has caused unnecessary problems for users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW