Microsoft is denying that there is a security hole in the User Account Control (UAC) feature of Windows 7 after a blogger reported it last week and posted what he said was a fix for it.
user account control
A change that Microsoft made in Windows 7 to improve its controversial User Account Control security feature has left the new OS less secure, according to a blogger who follows Microsoft closely.
Attendees of the International Conference on Cyber Security 2009 in New York Tuesday were reminded of the shortcomings of Windows Vista a day before Microsoft is expected to reveal the first beta for its follow-up, Windows 7.
Microsoft plans to improve the much-maligned user account control (UAC) feature in the next version of its Windows client OS, acknowledging that the new security feature it built into Windows Vista has caused unnecessary problems for users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW