Your USB drive isn't slow because you have too much stuff on it. It's slow because it uses a slow storage format like FAT32 or exFAT. You can re-format it to NTFS to get faster write times, but there is a catch.
USB-C promise up to 10Gbps data transfer, but the first generation of USB-C devices aren’t as fast as they could be. Here's what to loo out for.
CES is a consumer show, but there are plenty of nifty tools for businesses too.
How technology is bringing out the best and the oh-so utterly worst in solar innovation
Tired of having to fumble for the USB port every time your mobile device runs out of power? With these wireless chargers, just put your device down and let it it power up.
Google TV isn't ready to throw in the towel just yet. It will launch in Europe early next year despite a shaky start in the United States.
Reader Patricia has a question: "Why can't application software be put on USB drives instead of [hard] disks?"
Apple's next-generation MacBook Pros may thicken the plot to kill USB, using Intel's Light Peak optical technology and rebranding it as "Thunderbolt."
Storage company Rocstor has added two new USB 3.0 devices to their product line up, just in time for CES 2011.
Removable media such as CDs, DVDs and USB drives are no longer allowed on classified military computers.
In the four years since Sony's PlayStation 3 has been with us, it's never been hacked to play pirated games--until now, that is, if claims by hacker group PSJailbreak prove true.
How many times have you gone to plug in a USB device, only to get it wrong and try to plug it in upside down? Ultratek is guessing that it's a fairly common occurrence, and it's recently introduced a USB connector that can be inserted regardless of i...
Samsung has demonstrated a world first at a display conference in the US - a computer monitor that's powered solely via USB.
Intel sees its Light Peak technology for linking devices by optical cable as potentially succeeding USB 3.0, a change that in several years could mean the disappearance of a port used almost universally in gadgets today.
Microsoft has released a tool that lets netbook owners install Windows 7 on their machines using a USB flash drive, sidestepping the usual requirement of a DVD drive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- FTUX CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNERQLD
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTSenior Software DeveloperACT
- CCSolution Architect - PeopleSoft HCM Global Payroll 9.1 -9.2 .VIC
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CC.Net Developer - AzureNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW