Your USB drive isn't slow because you have too much stuff on it. It's slow because it uses a slow storage format like FAT32 or exFAT. You can re-format it to NTFS to get faster write times, but there is a catch.
USB-C promise up to 10Gbps data transfer, but the first generation of USB-C devices aren’t as fast as they could be. Here's what to loo out for.
CES is a consumer show, but there are plenty of nifty tools for businesses too.
How technology is bringing out the best and the oh-so utterly worst in solar innovation
Tired of having to fumble for the USB port every time your mobile device runs out of power? With these wireless chargers, just put your device down and let it it power up.
Google TV isn't ready to throw in the towel just yet. It will launch in Europe early next year despite a shaky start in the United States.
Reader Patricia has a question: "Why can't application software be put on USB drives instead of [hard] disks?"
Apple's next-generation MacBook Pros may thicken the plot to kill USB, using Intel's Light Peak optical technology and rebranding it as "Thunderbolt."
Storage company Rocstor has added two new USB 3.0 devices to their product line up, just in time for CES 2011.
Removable media such as CDs, DVDs and USB drives are no longer allowed on classified military computers.
In the four years since Sony's PlayStation 3 has been with us, it's never been hacked to play pirated games--until now, that is, if claims by hacker group PSJailbreak prove true.
How many times have you gone to plug in a USB device, only to get it wrong and try to plug it in upside down? Ultratek is guessing that it's a fairly common occurrence, and it's recently introduced a USB connector that can be inserted regardless of i...
Samsung has demonstrated a world first at a display conference in the US - a computer monitor that's powered solely via USB.
Intel sees its Light Peak technology for linking devices by optical cable as potentially succeeding USB 3.0, a change that in several years could mean the disappearance of a port used almost universally in gadgets today.
Microsoft has released a tool that lets netbook owners install Windows 7 on their machines using a USB flash drive, sidestepping the usual requirement of a DVD drive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSr Java Developer-JSP/Servlet,Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, RESTfulNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC