U.S. tech companies should retain access to the encrypted information of their customers, instead of providing end-to-end encryption, in order to give police the tools they need to investigate crimes and terrorist activity, two senior law enforcement...
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve a bill aimed at curbing abusive lawsuits by so-called patent trolls.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should abandon its efforts to pass net neutrality rules because new regulations would hurt investment and the deployment of broadband, a parade of Republican senators and advocates said Wednesday.
The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has voted to approve legislation that would allow mobile phone owners to unlock their devices for the purposes of switching carriers.
The failure of U.S. financial institutions and retailers to implement more robust cybersecurity measures, such as the smart-card technology widely used in Europe, was questioned and criticized by members of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee at a he...
Senator Patrick Leahy questioned how the Constitution allows the National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. telephone records and repeated his calls for President Barack Obama's administration to end the program during a hearing Wednesday.
Recommendations by a presidential panel to overhaul a U.S. National Security Agency phone records collection program could impede efforts to track terrorism suspects, some senators suggested Tuesday.
Critics of the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. residents' telephone records should offer a better way to track terrorists and protect the country against attacks, the agency's director said Wednesday.
Massive data collection and surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency are necessary to keep the nation safe from terrorism, several senators said Wednesday.
The U.S. Department of Justice has opposed requests by Facebook, Google, Microsoft and other companies to publish the number of surveillance requests they receive from the U.S. National Security Agency and other agencies.
A telephone records surveillance program run by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and National Security Agency raises serious privacy concerns and should be reined in, some U.S. senators said Wednesday.
Two U.S. senators will push Congress or President Barack Obama's administration to pursue trade and immigration sanctions against China and other countries that allegedly support cyberattacks on U.S. government agencies and businesses, the lawmakers ...
A U.S. Senate committee has approved legislation that would give more privacy protection from government surveillance for data stored in the cloud.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve legislation that would give the public new privacy protections from government searches of email and documents stored in the cloud.
The chairman of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has not reversed course on email privacy and has not proposed to give U.S. agencies access to email and other electronic communications without search warrants, despite a news report to the contrary...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC