The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should limit the amount of spectrum that giant mobile carriers AT&T and Verizon Communications are able to buy in an auction scheduled for mid-2015, some U.S. senators said Tuesday.
The U.S. Congress should take action to slow a skyrocketing number of "deceptive" patent infringement demand letters sent from patent licensing firms to small businesses, witnesses told a Senate committee.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to take the first step toward revamping its program that subsidizes Internet connections to schools and libraries, with the focus in the future on big bandwidth instead of simple connectivity.
Internet users overwhelmingly enjoy free Web content supported by advertising, and they'd rather see advertisements targeted toward their interests than random ads, according to a survey released this week by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
Rural telecom and broadband providers in the U.S. face big challenges in connecting their most remote customers, as the U.S. Federal Communications Commission transitions away from old telephone subsidies, a group of providers told lawmakers.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) may be moving forward too fast on a plan to sell hundreds of new generic top-level domains starting early next year, several U.S. senators said Thursday.
Ten years ago, on Sept. 11, terrorists crashed airplanes into the Twin Towers in New York, the Pentagon in northern Virginia and a field in rural Pennsylvania. In the scramble to respond to the terrorist attacks, multiple fire departments and other e...
Third-party charges on U.S. consumer and business telephone bills, most of them unauthorized by the customer, amount to US $2 billion a year, according to a new report from a U.S. Senate committee.
Democratic members of a Senate committee promised Wednesday to push hard for new online privacy protections and for legislation that would require companies to put security monitoring tools on their networks.
The U.S. Congress needs to pass new laws to protect smartphone customers from having their locations tracked by operating systems and applications, members of a Senate subcommittee said Thursday.
A senior member of the U.S. Senate plans to introduce legislation that would require websites and online advertising networks to stop tracking Web users who ask to be left alone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCTechnical WriterACT