The U.S. National Security Agency is reportedly intercepting Internet communications from U.S. residents without getting court-ordered warrants, in an effort to hunt down malicious hackers.
U.S. Office of the Director of National Intelligence
The U.S. Congress should kill the section of the Patriot Act that has allowed the National Security Agency to collect millions of phone records from the nation's residents, instead of trying to amend it, a civil liberties advocate said Friday.
The U.S. Congress is unlikely to pass legislation to end the National Security Agency's widespread collection of U.S. telephone records before leaving Washington, D.C., on a two-month break.
The FBI and CIA can also query the content of U.S. residents' electronic communications that the National Security Agency inadvertently collects when targeting foreign terrorism suspects, an intelligence official said.
A U.S. National Security Agency surveillance program focused on overseas telephone and email communications is targeted and narrow, and not the bulk collection portrayed in numerous news reports from recent months, U.S. officials told a privacy watch...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- CCCampaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC