The U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) has banned a researcher for using supercomputer resources to generate bitcoin.
U.S. National Science Foundation
An IT specialist working for the U.S. National Science Foundation has pleaded guilty to theft of government property for redirecting more than US$94,000 in government funds for his personal use, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
A little-publicized provision in a U.S. government budget resolution that largely prohibits four agencies from using Chinese-made IT products could backfire, several tech trade groups said.
Disregarding the supercomputing community's insatiable thirst for FLOPS (floating point operations per second), the Baltimore-based Johns Hopkins University is configuring its new machine to achieve the maximum number of IOPS (I/O operations per seco...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
- Portrait Camera now available for iPhone 7 as Apple releases iOS 10.1 update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- CCSiebel Technical Integration SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSecurity Architect (Identity Access Management) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperWA
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW