Companies developing Internet of Things (IoT) products should adopt best practices to protect the privacy and security of consumers, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has recommended.
U.S. President Barack Obama will push Congress to pass a law requiring companies that are victims of data breaches to notify affected consumers within 30 days and a second law that gives consumers more control over their digital data, he said.
Beat out of a windfall?
Internet connected devices are popping up like wildfire at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week. But while this new technology has the potential to provide enormous benefits for consumers, tech companies should put more effort into pr...
T-Mobile US will pay at least $90 million to settle a Federal Communications Commission suit that alleged it looked the other way while third parties charged T-Mobile subscribers for services they didn't want.
The U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has filed a lawsuit accusing Sprint of illegally billing mobile customers for tens of millions[m] of dollars in unauthorized third-party charges.
From rattled airline passengers who fear the coming of smartphones to jurors who don't know a smartphone from a tablet, here are some of the colorful quotes from IT news in 2014.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission can take action against patent trolls when the patent-holding firms engage in unfair business practices, even as the agency works to complete a study on their business model, a commissioner said.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should weigh in on net neutrality and encourage its sister agency, the Federal Communications Commission, to back away from calls to regulate broadband like a public utility, a group of 32 academics said.
Google will soon begin to contact customers who made in-app purchases on Android devices about potential refunds under a settlement of an unfair billing complaint by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
An online service allowing consumers to pay their medical bills failed to adequately inform them that it would also try to collect highly detailed medical information from their pharmacies, medical labs and insurance companies, the U.S. Federal Trade...
Government officials in the US and the UK are warning people to secure their webcams after websites that broadcast the contents of those cameras have sprung up online.
A Florida court has temporarily shut down two "massive" telemarketing operations that allegedly conned tens of thousands of consumers out of millions of dollars by tricking them into fixing nonexistent computer errors, the U.S. Federal Trade Commissi...
It turns out that TRUSTe, the provider of privacy certifications for online businesses, may not be so trustworthy after all. The company failed to conduct annual recertification checks for hundreds of companies holding its privacy seal, despite promi...
If you've ever wondered whether some user profiles on Internet dating sites are too good to be true that's because they are, according to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- 60 turns with Civilization VI: 3 key tweaks will change how you conquer the world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW