With the Federal Communications Commission set to vote in three days on reclassifying broadband as public regulated utility, Twitter made its support for stronger net-neutrality rules official Monday.
Republicans in the U.S. Congress are demanding to know how much the White House influenced the Federal Communications Commission while the agency crafted net neutrality rules.
The clock is running down on the chance to lobby the US Federal Communications Commission before it votes on putting stronger net neutrality rules in place, and both sides of the battle are making sure their voices are heard.
The chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has undersold the amount of intrusive new regulations his net neutrality proposal will bring to the Internet and to broadband providers, a Republican commissioner said Tuesday.
A U.S. congressional committee has asked FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler whether the White House improperly influenced his decision to seek tighter regulation of Internet service providers.
Government agencies should investigate whether Verizon Wireless' use of so-called supercookies to track the online activities of its subscribers amount to privacy violations, three U.S. senators said Friday.
Health insurer gets hacked ... Twitter's Costolo says the trolls are out ... Silk Road mastermind is guilty ... and more news
The chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has proposed net neutrality rules based on reclassifying broadband as a regulated public utility and will ask fellow commissioners to approve that approach later this month.
Most broadband providers -- all but a handful of the largest ones -- should be exempt from tough new net neutrality rules being considered by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, a trade group has argued.
The chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has no plans to release the text of his proposed net neutrality order before a scheduled commission vote on it later this month, despite a request from some Republican lawmakers to do so.
Uber to work on self-driving cars ... End of the line for Windows RT? ... FCC ready to propose neutral net ... and more news.
FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler is about to propose strong net neutrality rules that would ban paid "fast lanes" and cover both fixed and mobile networks, according to The Wall Street Journal.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will vote late this month on whether to overturn two state laws limiting deployment of broadband networks funded by local governments.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has redefined advanced broadband as having 25Mbps download speeds, up from 4Mbps, giving the agency new authority to pass rules to encourage deployment across the country.
If the U.S. Federal Communications Commission moves to preempt state laws that limit municipal broadband projects, as President Barack Obama recently asked the agency to do, it will likely end up in court.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- Laptops are about to get a whole lot faster
- After bias furor, Facebook replaces people with algorithms
- Ford, MIT use Bostonians’ cellphone location data for traffic planning
- Google Wallet will now automatically send money transfers straight to your bank account
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia