A U.S. lawmaker wants to rebrand the term net neutrality because its definition is confusing to many people.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has the green light to collect new data on the pricing of so-called special access services, the middle-mile network services used to deliver business broadband and mobile service backhaul.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has extended a deadline for comments on its proposed net neutrality rules to Sept. 15, giving members of the public more time to weigh in on how the government should regulate Web traffic.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission voted Friday to require U.S. mobile carriers and many text-messaging apps to enable users to text emergency dispatch centers, even after questions about whether the centers will be ready by the deadline.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman's view of net neutrality rules and President Barack Obama's are not as different as some reports this week have suggested, the chairman said Friday.
Digital rights group Public Knowledge will file net neutrality complaints against each of the four largest mobile carriers in the U.S. over their practice of throttling some traffic, in some cases on so-called unlimited data plans.
Mobile carrier Sprint faces an uncertain future after announcing it is replacing long-time CEO Dan Hesse and reportedly abandoning its bid to by competitor T-Mobile USA.
Early one morning in April last year, someone accessed an underground vault just south of San Jose, California, and cut through fiber-optic cables there. The incident blacked out phone, Internet and 911 service for thousands of people in Silicon Vall...
Plans to favor some Internet packets over others threaten consumers' hard-won right to use encryption, a digital privacy advocate says.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
An association of more than two dozen technology companies including Facebook, Google, Twitter and Netflix urged the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Monday to create strong, enforceable net neutrality rules for wired and mobile networks.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to spend US$2 billion over the next two years on improving Wi-Fi networks at schools and libraries, despite questions from Republican commissioners about the source of those funds.
A proposal by U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to pump billions of dollars into Wi-Fi deployment at schools and libraries has run into a snag, with the commission's two Republican suggesting the money will come from U.S. re...
U.S. schools could get a cool billion to set up Wi-Fi networks to connect more than 10 million more students by the 2015-2016 school year under a new FCC proposal.
Two U.S. senators have introduced legislation aimed at expanding the amount of Wi-Fi spectrum available in a band now designated for intelligent vehicle communications, satellite service and amateur radio.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC