The U.S. Senate will return early from a week-long recess in a last-ditch effort to extend provisions of the Patriot Act that the National Security Agency have used to collect millions of domestic telephone records over the past nine years.
The U.S. Senate was deadlocked on Friday over whether to extend authorization for the National Security Agency's massive collection of domestic telephone records, with Majority Leader Mitch McConnell insisting the surveillance program should continue...
A Chinese university is investigating allegations that its professors stole tech secrets from the U.S., but the school is so far skeptical of the claims.
Six residents of China face economic espionage and theft of trade secret charges for allegedly funneling radio frequency technologies used in mobile devices from U.S. companies to a university controlled by the Chinese government.
A U.S. appeals court judge shredded the government's defense of an extensive National Security Agency program targeting the phone records of the nation's residents.
Facebook opens up Internet.org...big fight highlights Periscope piracy...Feds to share more about secret phone tracking... and more tech news.
Faced with criticism from lawmakers and civil rights groups, the U.S. Department of Justice has begun a review of the secretive use of cellphone surveillance technology that mimics cellphone towers, and will get more open on its use, according to a n...
Consumer groups are cheering the news that Comcast abandoned its proposed US$45 billion acquisition of fellow cable and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, saying it's good for customers and demonstrates the power of Internet activism.
The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration's logging of international phone calls made from the U.S. was illegal, pressure group Human Rights Watch has alleged in a lawsuit filed late Tuesday.
After two U.S. women were charged this week with conspiring to build bombs in support of terrorist groups, a U.S. senator wants two publications that include bomb-making instructions deleted from the Internet.
Two former U.S. government agents face charges related to stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of bitcoin while assisting with an investigation of the Silk Road underground online marketplace, with one accused of using a fake online person...
It came as a shock to just about no one in the cybersecurity industry that China has a cyberware unit, which was acknowledged by the government there this week.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration still believes in the use of encryption to protect digital information, even after top officials have questioned how law enforcement agencies will get access to data on encrypted devices, a White House adv...
This may finally be the year that the U.S. Congress gives email and other documents stored in the cloud for several months the same privacy protections from police searches as newer files or paper records stored in a file cabinet, say backers of elec...
Large music licensing services should have more freedom to negotiate rates paid by streaming music services, radio stations and commercial establishments where music is played, industry executives told U.S. lawmakers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Amaysim wins with lowest TIO complaints
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC