Hard on the heels of the publication of the latest Top 500 ranking of the world's fastest supercomputers, IBM and Nvidia on Monday announced they have teamed up to launch two new supercomputer centers of excellence to develop the next generation of c...
U.S. Department of Energy
A supercomputer developed by China's National Defense University remains the fastest publically known computer in the world while the U.S. is close to an historic low in the latest edition of the closely followed Top 500 supercomputer ranking, which ...
To get an edge over China in the supercomputing arms race, the U.S. plans to build a 180-petaflop supercomputer that will be used mainly for scientific research.
Stepping up its efforts to regain supercomputing dominance from China, the U.S. within the next two years will activate what could be one of the world's fastest computers.
Researchers have designed a battery that could keep wearable and health care devices running for 10 or more years without a recharge.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Epson FastFoto FF-640 review: Quick, convenient photo scans don’t come cheap
- EZVIZ Husky review: This weatherproof camera gives you an eye on the outside of your home
- Reality check: How Windows 10's new privacy controls stack up
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD