A U.S. appeals court has denied Samsung Electronics' request for a rehearing in a smartphone patent infringement case that awarded rival Apple US$548 million.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
An appeals court will hear arguments this week about the U.S. International Trade Commission's decision to block digital transmissions of 3D dental records into the U.S., an import ban that could have a broad impact on other digital goods.
The U.S. Supreme Court has declined a request by Google to hear a patent case involving the company's Street View service, leaving the company to defend the infringement claims in lower courts.
A decision by a U.S. government agency prohibiting the transmission of 3D dental records into the U.S. could open the door to further content restrictions on the Internet, digital rights groups have said.
So-called patent trolls may not be as big of a problem as some advocates of U.S. patent reform make them out to be, some conservative patent experts say, in a split with many Republican lawmakers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIdentity and Access Management SMENSW
- FTDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- CCSenior Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD