A U.S. appeals court has denied Samsung Electronics' request for a rehearing in a smartphone patent infringement case that awarded rival Apple US$548 million.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
An appeals court will hear arguments this week about the U.S. International Trade Commission's decision to block digital transmissions of 3D dental records into the U.S., an import ban that could have a broad impact on other digital goods.
The U.S. Supreme Court has declined a request by Google to hear a patent case involving the company's Street View service, leaving the company to defend the infringement claims in lower courts.
A decision by a U.S. government agency prohibiting the transmission of 3D dental records into the U.S. could open the door to further content restrictions on the Internet, digital rights groups have said.
So-called patent trolls may not be as big of a problem as some advocates of U.S. patent reform make them out to be, some conservative patent experts say, in a split with many Republican lawmakers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA