The U.S. Congress should kill the section of the Patriot Act that has allowed the National Security Agency to collect millions of phone records from the nation's residents, instead of trying to amend it, a civil liberties advocate said Friday.
Protests over a controversial international trade agreement have taken on new urgency in recent days, after U.S. lawmakers introduced legislation that would give President Barack Obama's administration broad authority to negotiate the deal.
The U.S. Congress is moving forward quickly with legislation that would encourage private companies to share cyberthreat information with government agencies, despite concerns that two leading bills weaken consumer privacy protections.
A group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation aimed at encouraging government agencies to give up their spectrum by allowing the agencies to share in the profits when the spectrum is auctioned to commercial mobile carriers.
This may finally be the year that the U.S. Congress gives email and other documents stored in the cloud for several months the same privacy protections from police searches as newer files or paper records stored in a file cabinet, say backers of elec...
A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) review: Simply, the best Samsung Galaxy
- 3 LG 55-inch curved OLED (55EC930T) TV review: The future of OLED is bright
- 4 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 5 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- SAP brings its S/4Hana data platform to the cloud
- Lawmakers move to end warrantless surveillance of US residents
- Microsoft won't give up trademark fight over Skype in Europe
- Microsoft aims to increase confidence in cloud services with better networking
- The Internet of Things to take a beating in DefCon hacking contest
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.