A U.S. surveillance court has extended a controversial telephone records dragnet while the National Security Agency works to wind down the program on orders from Congress.
The U.S. National Security Agency's program to collect domestic telephone records in bulk was not authorized by Congress in the Patriot Act, an appeals court has ruled.
Legislation intended to end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records is drawing opposition from several unlikely sources, digital and civil rights groups.
The U.S. Congress should kill the section of the Patriot Act that has allowed the National Security Agency to collect millions of phone records from the nation's residents, instead of trying to amend it, a civil liberties advocate said Friday.
Protests over a controversial international trade agreement have taken on new urgency in recent days, after U.S. lawmakers introduced legislation that would give President Barack Obama's administration broad authority to negotiate the deal.
A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC