A U.S. surveillance court has extended a controversial telephone records dragnet while the National Security Agency works to wind down the program on orders from Congress.
The U.S. National Security Agency's program to collect domestic telephone records in bulk was not authorized by Congress in the Patriot Act, an appeals court has ruled.
Legislation intended to end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records is drawing opposition from several unlikely sources, digital and civil rights groups.
The U.S. Congress should kill the section of the Patriot Act that has allowed the National Security Agency to collect millions of phone records from the nation's residents, instead of trying to amend it, a civil liberties advocate said Friday.
Protests over a controversial international trade agreement have taken on new urgency in recent days, after U.S. lawmakers introduced legislation that would give President Barack Obama's administration broad authority to negotiate the deal.
A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
- Spotify is retaliating against artists with Apple Music exclusives
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC