A U.S. surveillance court has extended a controversial telephone records dragnet while the National Security Agency works to wind down the program on orders from Congress.
The U.S. National Security Agency's program to collect domestic telephone records in bulk was not authorized by Congress in the Patriot Act, an appeals court has ruled.
Legislation intended to end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records is drawing opposition from several unlikely sources, digital and civil rights groups.
The U.S. Congress should kill the section of the Patriot Act that has allowed the National Security Agency to collect millions of phone records from the nation's residents, instead of trying to amend it, a civil liberties advocate said Friday.
Protests over a controversial international trade agreement have taken on new urgency in recent days, after U.S. lawmakers introduced legislation that would give President Barack Obama's administration broad authority to negotiate the deal.
A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW