The Uptime Institute is updating the way it certifies data centers in a move to help ensure that cloud computing customers get the level of service they think they're paying for.
How reliable is your data center service provider? Perhaps not as reliable as you think.
Ken Brill, founder of the Uptime Institute and a forward thinker in data center design and operations, died this week at the age of 68, the Institute said on Thursday. The cause was cancer, a spokesman said.
Google I/O is getting most of the attention this week, but a conference at the other end of Silicon Valley showed there's plenty of innovation happening in the word of data centers, too.
A new survey from the Uptime Institute suggests fatigue is setting in when it comes to making data centers greener, and it may be partly due to overachievers like Google and Microsoft.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC