As I wrote the other day, it's a pretty simple matter to add a second monitor to your PC. But what about a third? That might require a little more doing.
A reader Maina wants to know how to connect a second (and possibly even third) monitor to his PC. He wants one for documents, another for his Web browser or music software, and so on.
It's been almost a year since I served up some nice, hot laptop tips--and that's inexcusable. I'll make it up to you this week with some useful advice on adding memory to a laptop, turning an old laptop hard disc into an external drive, and using you...
So my dad was griping that his Acer Aspire 9300 laptop takes forever to boot. I inspected it for spyware, excessive startup programs, and the other usual suspects, but everything checked out.
Even accomplished geeks shy away from motherboard upgrades on their main PCs. Years ago, I would often upgrade gaming and test systems in my own basement lab, but keep chugging along with a production machine using a two-year-old motherboard and CPU.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- TPSAP ABAP ProgrammerQLD
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadVIC
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem EngineerNSW