UC San Diego researchers have developed a magnetic-field network to link wearable devices through the user's body.
University of California
Recent concerns from tech luminaries about a robot apocalypse may be overblown, but artificial intelligence researchers need to start thinking about security measures as they build ever more intelligent machines, according to a group of AI experts.
We're all walking around in a soup of Wi-Fi signals, but researchers say they can be put to another use -- counting people.
Six from China charged in US IP theft... ARM teams with Unicef on wearables... Microsoft previewing new Office for Android apps... and more tech news.
Three Japanese who succeeded in inventing efficient blue light-emitting diodes (LEDs) where many companies had failed have won the Nobel Prize in Physics.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundACT
- CCField Engineer - Hardware DecommissionNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC