UC San Diego researchers have developed a magnetic-field network to link wearable devices through the user's body.
University of California
Recent concerns from tech luminaries about a robot apocalypse may be overblown, but artificial intelligence researchers need to start thinking about security measures as they build ever more intelligent machines, according to a group of AI experts.
We're all walking around in a soup of Wi-Fi signals, but researchers say they can be put to another use -- counting people.
Six from China charged in US IP theft... ARM teams with Unicef on wearables... Microsoft previewing new Office for Android apps... and more tech news.
Three Japanese who succeeded in inventing efficient blue light-emitting diodes (LEDs) where many companies had failed have won the Nobel Prize in Physics.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Microsoft has been conning Windows users for two months
- New ads in Google Maps might suggest a pit stop at McDonalds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer | DC Relocation |VoIP Refresh | CCNA | CCNPNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW