When Unify invited visitors at last year's Cebit to test a new unified communications service, Project Ansible, it was nothing but a tightly scripted demo.
An unprotected SSH access key left inside the Cisco Unified Communications Domain Manager product for remote support purposes allows attackers to take complete control of affected deployments.
Unify, a joint venture between Siemens and the Gores Group, will cut 50 per cent of its staff and refocus its product roster away from hardware, following a shift in the overall unified communications market toward software and Cloud services.
Sales of video conferencing and telepresence hardware systems are declining, hurt by an increase in cloud and software-based options that often are cheaper and simpler to deploy, according to an IDC study.
Cisco will target individual video conferencing users with new desktop devices and a cloud-based service, a move that complements a recent announcement focused on outfitting small and mid-size office meeting rooms.
Microsoft has released a new version of its Lync client for Android that now works on tablets as well as smartphones, expanding the footprint of its fast-growing unified communications product.
Cisco has put out to pasture its WebEx Social enterprise social networking (ESN) suite, opting instead to partner with Jive Software.
Unify has set a timetable for the launch of its Project Ansible unified communications product, with beta testing scheduled for May.
Microsoft will demonstrate on Tuesday how Lync and Skype users will be able to communicate via video conferencing, the next stage of the integration between its enterprise unified communications server and its consumer IM and IP telephony network.
Citrix has started shipping a slimmed-down version of its GoToMeeting online meeting and video conferencing product that had been in beta testing since September.
Cisco Systems has released new security patches for several versions of Unified Communications Manager (UCM) to address vulnerabilities that could allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands, modify system data or disrupt services.
Social gaming publisher Zynga announced Monday that it will lay off 18% of its total workforce -- more than 500 employees -- in an effort to reduce staff costs and focus on the mobile sector.
Twitter, the increasingly popular micro-blogging service, has come under quite a bit of criticism in the past few weeks. Users of the platform, which describes itself as an "information-sharing network" are struggling with what to do about false info...
Unless you're a huge Facebook fanatic, will this really be something you use every day? Time will tell.
Avaya unified communications products can get along with Microsoft's Lync Server, and many customers will probably choose to deploy both rather than just one, says Avaya's CEO.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 2 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge review: Return to Glory
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) review: Simply, the best Samsung Galaxy
- 5 LG 55-inch curved OLED (55EC930T) TV review: The future of OLED is bright
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- US Senate blocks NSA surveillance reform bill
- Amazon rules Gartner's magical box
- Google gives Android developers new tools for tracking app performance
- US Senate leader pushes to extend NSA phone dragnet
- Pebble Time smartwatch to begin shipping on May 27
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW