Need to hold a virtual meeting complete with screen sharing? Or maybe you just need to remotely access a colleague’s computer to help him with a quick fix. Here are 15 ways to get the job done -- for free.
When Unify invited visitors at last year's Cebit to test a new unified communications service, Project Ansible, it was nothing but a tightly scripted demo.
An unprotected SSH access key left inside the Cisco Unified Communications Domain Manager product for remote support purposes allows attackers to take complete control of affected deployments.
Unify, a joint venture between Siemens and the Gores Group, will cut 50 per cent of its staff and refocus its product roster away from hardware, following a shift in the overall unified communications market toward software and Cloud services.
Sales of video conferencing and telepresence hardware systems are declining, hurt by an increase in cloud and software-based options that often are cheaper and simpler to deploy, according to an IDC study.
Cisco will target individual video conferencing users with new desktop devices and a cloud-based service, a move that complements a recent announcement focused on outfitting small and mid-size office meeting rooms.
Microsoft has released a new version of its Lync client for Android that now works on tablets as well as smartphones, expanding the footprint of its fast-growing unified communications product.
Cisco has put out to pasture its WebEx Social enterprise social networking (ESN) suite, opting instead to partner with Jive Software.
Unify has set a timetable for the launch of its Project Ansible unified communications product, with beta testing scheduled for May.
Microsoft will demonstrate on Tuesday how Lync and Skype users will be able to communicate via video conferencing, the next stage of the integration between its enterprise unified communications server and its consumer IM and IP telephony network.
Citrix has started shipping a slimmed-down version of its GoToMeeting online meeting and video conferencing product that had been in beta testing since September.
Cisco Systems has released new security patches for several versions of Unified Communications Manager (UCM) to address vulnerabilities that could allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands, modify system data or disrupt services.
Social gaming publisher Zynga announced Monday that it will lay off 18% of its total workforce -- more than 500 employees -- in an effort to reduce staff costs and focus on the mobile sector.
Twitter, the increasingly popular micro-blogging service, has come under quite a bit of criticism in the past few weeks. Users of the platform, which describes itself as an "information-sharing network" are struggling with what to do about false info...
Unless you're a huge Facebook fanatic, will this really be something you use every day? Time will tell.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia