Canonical's first convergence device is here with the ability to switch between a desktop and mobile device, similar to Microsoft's Lumia 950 and 950XL.
Security researchers are urging users to install new Samba security updates in order to address a critical vulnerability that allows attackers to execute arbitrary code with root privileges.
New graphical bells and whistles, plus security improvements
A website dedicated to discussion of the Ubuntu Linux distribution was breached on Saturday, with hackers gaining access to encrypted passwords and email addresses.
Here are 10 things we love about Ubuntu 13 and 5 things we hate.
“Raring Ringtail” features performance and stability upgrades, along with social changes – but the controversial shopping lens remains.
Today Android and iOS dominate the smartphone market, combining to provide the operating systems for more than 95 percent of smartphones. Still, not everyone is a fan of the Apple-Google mobile universe.
Canonical has introduced the Ubuntu tablet interface, which will compete with Android, iOS and Windows with its own take on multitasking and advanced security features. The launch is the next step in Canonical's quest to unify phones, tablets, PCs an...
Canonical made quite a splash at the start of this year when it announced Ubuntu for phones, but--apart from what it demonstrated at the time--we're still waiting both for the downloadable image it promised to provide for the Galaxy Nexus and for spe...
Smartphones running the open source Ubuntu operating system will start shipping in October, although it isn't clear if they will be available in the U.S., according to a report.
Ubuntu 11.04 (nicknamed Natty Narwhal) marks a decided change in direction for the Linux-based operating system. The biggest change is that Canonical, the organizer of Ubuntu, is replacing the Gnome/KDE desktop environment with a new user interface c...
People don't like change. One of the things that some people get hung up on is the look and feel of the desktop. More precisely, some Windows users who look at Ubuntu Linux get hung up on how it doesn't look and feel like Windows. Well, it isn't that...
Canonical has switched its cloud software stack to the open-source OpenStack, the company announced Tuesday. The current version of its Ubuntu Server, version 11.04, uses the Eucalyptus platform.
Ubuntu and Dell have come up with a scheme to make it easier for Amazon EC2 customers to shift workloads to and from the cloud -- by shipping Dell servers preloaded with Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud software, or UEC.
With Android, Ubuntu, and ARM set to shine, 2011 promises to be a banner year for open-source software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
- Portrait Camera now available for iPhone 7 as Apple releases iOS 10.1 update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- TPSAP Project ManagerSA
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior Application SupportSA