Uber today announced that some customers in Pittsburgh will find themselves in its first self-driving vehicles; meanwhile, Boston's mayor said he wants his city wants to welcome the testing of autonomous vehicles.
Self-driving Ubers are now arriving in Pittsburgh as the company tests out its autonomous car development
Uber wants to be first to market with driverless cars and replace its human-powered fleet of drivers with robots.
"No math, no surprises," Uber promises.
Uber just announced that its UberRush delivery service is now available to any business, and can be easily integrated into an existing website or mobile app.
Uber will begin real-world tests of self-driving car technology in the coming weeks, putting a custom Ford Fusion onto the streets of Pittsburgh.
Taxi payment company, ingogo, has introduced fixed fares in an attempt to change the taxi booking process by doing away with traditional metered fares.
Uber is speeding up its expansion plans for China. Over the next year, the company will enter 100 additional cities in the country.
Uber has tweaked one of the features in its app after it was shown to let sensitive trip data become publicly accessible through Google.
On Thursday, a site-specific search on Google for trip.uber.com produced dozens of links to Uber rides that have been completed and cancelled, in countries around the world including the U.S., England, Russia, France and Mexico.
The incident, and others like it, have heightened concerns around the safety of Uber and its screening procedures for drivers.
A California judge has decided to allow Uber drivers in California to sue the company as a group on key legal matters relating to their employment.
The mayor of New York City has reached an agreement with Uber, dropping plans for a strict cap on its growth that would have limited the number of cars available in the city.
The Massachusetts attorney general's office has launched an examination into how Uber and Lyft cater to people with disabilities, potentially creating more regulatory problems for the ride-hailing companies.
California regulators have fined Uber more than US$7.3 million after the company failed to hand over data related to Uber's operations under an agreement between the state and the company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW