Things are about to get testy between the Snapchat ghost and Twitter's birdie as the popular Internet companies invade each other's space: Twitter has launched a private group messaging feature, while Snapchat added news content.
Prognostications about Microsoft killing the desktop in Windows 10 are coming true -- but only for the smallest of tablets.
Box shares start trading ... EU wants encryption keys ... Uber agrees to get a license ... and more
Twitter users will easier time reading tweets not in their native language thanks to a new translation feature powered by Bing.
The next time you are too busy to access your Twitter feed or have a bad Internet connection, the social network will help you get updated with a quick recap of the key tweets you have missed.
State of the Union address will be heavy on tech ... Will IBM's earnings disappoint, again? ... Twitter picks up ZipDial's call ... and more
Twitter is to acquire ZipDial Mobile Solutions, a Bangalore company that has developed a platform that allows content like promotions to be delivered to users through voice, SMS or an app notification when an user gives a missed call.
Microsoft is all about Windows 10 this week ... the NSA was lurking in NK networks before Sony hack ... Alibaba's move in the U.S. starts with partners ... and more
The Twitter account of the New York Post was hacked, and UPI's was also apparently hit, the latest in a string of attacks that have hit the social media channels of high-profile organizations.
Twitter is embarking on a worldwide tour to disseminate knowledge and technical know-how about building good apps. Using the company's tools, of course.
Supporters of the extremist group known as ISIS or the Islamic State apparently took over the Twitter and YouTube accounts on Monday of the U.S. Central Command, a top military security unit.
If some kids are turned off by Facebook because their parents are on it, now they might be even more horrified: Grandparents are flocking to the social networking site.
CISPA is back! ... Snowden says hack-backs are a bad choice ... Google wants a cut of the US insurance market... and more news of the day.
For as classy as the Vibe Band VB10 looks -- with its slim figure made possible by a curved E-Ink display -- it's far too sluggish and feature-limited.
Twitter's service was disrupted early Monday evening for some users, just as Sony took the stage to show off new products at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT