A new nonprofit launched Wednesday by a tech advocacy group and a cofounder of Twitter will focus on using technology to drive improvements in the U.S. education system and other social changes.
Just one day after Twitter suspended three major third-party mobile applications for allegedly violating its use policies, the social network reinstated them.
The average, everyday Twitter or Facebook user likely won't have much need for HootSuite, a Web-based social media management application. But power users -- especially those who rely on and manage multiple Facebook pages and Twitter accounts for the...
UberMedia, after getting its popular UberTwitter and other mobile social media apps shut down Friday by Twitter for alleged terms of service breaches, is reportedly changing its name to UberSocial as part of its effort to meet Twitter's terms.
The Twitterverse is abuzz with news that Twitter suspended popular mobile apps such as UberTwitter, UberCurrent, and twidroyd today. The services had not recently changed anything about the functionality or behavior of the apps, which leads one to wo...
Twitter on Friday suspended three major mobile third-party applications for allegedly violating the company's use policies.
To make its website available in more languages, Twitter has launched an online system that volunteers can use to translate the user interface of the microblogging service.
Twitter is working with operators in the Middle East to make it easier for users to send Twitter messages using SMS (Short Message Service) short codes, after blockages in countries such as Tunisia and Egypt, said CEO Dick Costolo.
It would be hard to imagine a world completely devoid of PCs. But as smartphones continue to skyrocket in popularity and some people have already abandoned their desktops in favor of their do-it-all handsets, rumblings of a PC-free future abound.
In the last two months, we have had three announcements of add-ons for smartphones that will allow users to read the magnetic stripe on a payment card, in effect turning the devices into wireless payment terminals.
Pricing for the new HP TouchPad hasn't been announced, but it looks like Research In Motion's 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook will cost $500. That rumor comes after Twitter user Ben Shipley posted a screenshot that shows what appears to be an internal Offic...
Executives from Facebook, Google and other companies have held talks with Twitter over a possible acquisition of the micro-blogging service, pushing its estimated value as high as $US10 billion, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.
Wikileaks defenders Anonymous are firing both barrels at a security researcher who promised to name people in the group. Aaron Barr vowed he’d expose organizers of the online activist group Anonymous next week, but in response Anonymous hacked his Tw...
Google executive Wael Ghonim has been released from government custody in Egypt today, and he's already tweeted about his freedom.
Google I/O, the annual Google confab for web, mobile and enterprise app developers, has sold out in just 59 minutes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTField EngineerVIC
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- TPAutomation TesterQLD