Google's real-names policy for its social networking service has created a tempest that could have easily been avoided.
Expanding the field of complex event process software with another offering, Twitter will release as open source its software for analyzing live large-scale data streams, called Storm.
Google+ is going great guns right out of the gate, with the site starting out far better than rivals Facebook, Twitter and Myspace did.
There's been a lot of discussion lately about Google+ and why it will render Twitter obsolete. Technology and tech-culture writer Mike Elgan makes a good argument and suggests that "It's only a matter of time before Twitter becomes a ghost town."
Symantec today announced its next-generation email and content archiving software, Enterprise Vault 10, which now purports to automatically classify email content and metadata and assign the appropriate archiving and retention policy to it.
Twitter confirmed today that it has raised a "significant round of funding" that executives hope to use to expand the site's reach.
Twitter is looking to place its promoted tweets right in front of users' eyeballs in an attempt to boost its advertising business.
Faceboook.com is the domain to have (count the 'o's) if phishing scams are your game. That's because it's the most popular mistyped entry into a browser URL bar, according to data collected and analyzed by Chris Finke from his browser add-on, URL Fix...
How would you handle giving up your Internet connection -- your Facebook friends, Twitter, online news and shopping -- for just a single day?
When Google+ first launched, most people saw it, correctly, as a competitor to Facebook. But as you try Google's social network, you realize that it has a lot in common with Twitter too. That versatility could be Google's strength -- but it could be ...
Researchers over the weekend uncovered a Facebook app for Apple's iPad, and showed how "jailbroken" tablets could run the still-unreleased software.
The hackers at News Corp. have become the hackees -- surely that's a word in modern parlance -- of Anonymous and LulzSec, who released email login details of two former News of the World editors and are threatening to divulge more.
Tom Anderson has been out of the social network game for years, but lately it seems like he wants to get back in. The MySpace founder has become one of the most active and followed users on Google+ since its launch, and he also spends plenty of time ...
Google+ seemed like a boys club at first, but recent estimates point to a growing number of women using the Internet search giant's social networking service.
Twitter stands to lose a lot of clout -- and money -- if it flubs its social search deal with Microsoft's Bing like it did with Google.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSAP DevelopersSA
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- FTC# DeveloperQLD
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD