Expanding the field of complex event process software with another offering, Twitter will release as open source its software for analyzing live large-scale data streams, called Storm.
Google+ is going great guns right out of the gate, with the site starting out far better than rivals Facebook, Twitter and Myspace did.
There's been a lot of discussion lately about Google+ and why it will render Twitter obsolete. Technology and tech-culture writer Mike Elgan makes a good argument and suggests that "It's only a matter of time before Twitter becomes a ghost town."
Symantec today announced its next-generation email and content archiving software, Enterprise Vault 10, which now purports to automatically classify email content and metadata and assign the appropriate archiving and retention policy to it.
Twitter confirmed today that it has raised a "significant round of funding" that executives hope to use to expand the site's reach.
Twitter is looking to place its promoted tweets right in front of users' eyeballs in an attempt to boost its advertising business.
Faceboook.com is the domain to have (count the 'o's) if phishing scams are your game. That's because it's the most popular mistyped entry into a browser URL bar, according to data collected and analyzed by Chris Finke from his browser add-on, URL Fix...
How would you handle giving up your Internet connection -- your Facebook friends, Twitter, online news and shopping -- for just a single day?
When Google+ first launched, most people saw it, correctly, as a competitor to Facebook. But as you try Google's social network, you realize that it has a lot in common with Twitter too. That versatility could be Google's strength -- but it could be ...
Researchers over the weekend uncovered a Facebook app for Apple's iPad, and showed how "jailbroken" tablets could run the still-unreleased software.
The hackers at News Corp. have become the hackees -- surely that's a word in modern parlance -- of Anonymous and LulzSec, who released email login details of two former News of the World editors and are threatening to divulge more.
Tom Anderson has been out of the social network game for years, but lately it seems like he wants to get back in. The MySpace founder has become one of the most active and followed users on Google+ since its launch, and he also spends plenty of time ...
Google+ seemed like a boys club at first, but recent estimates point to a growing number of women using the Internet search giant's social networking service.
Twitter stands to lose a lot of clout -- and money -- if it flubs its social search deal with Microsoft's Bing like it did with Google.
Windows Phone's next iteration may be called "Windows Phone 7.5 Mango" according to a tweet from Microsoft's official Imagine Cup Twitter account.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Obduction's new VR hand-tracking makes Myst's spiritual successor even more stunning
- Windows 10 Creators Update could take months to roll out, data suggests
- Myth busted: Vulkan's multi-GPU support isn't limited to Windows 10
- Micro Center has cut the price of the Ryzen 1700X to $370
- Facebook live videos take aim at Twitch with streaming software, hardware support
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- FTGraduate Software EngineerNSW
- FTSenior System/Network EngineerACT
- FTIT ManagerVIC
- TPIteration ManagerNSW
- TPMedia AssistantNSW
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Support ConsultantSA
- CCAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTSharePoint Service ManagerNSW
- FTWeb BA LeadQLD
- CCICT ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTCCTV Sales & SupportNSW