As part of Twitter's larger push to give more people a reason to use its service, it is changing its direct messaging function to let users receive missives from people they don't follow.
Increasingly, computers are deciding what news stories we read, and may even end up teaching our children to speak. But whether we should allow them to is becoming the subject of a heated debate related to the use of algorithms.
Europe has a hard case to make against Google... Apple buys Israeli imaging company... Twitter revamps homepage with content... and more tech news
Twitter, in an effort to attract new users, is turning its home page into a portal for news and content around dozens of topics.
A Turkish court blocked access to numerous sites including Twitter and YouTube on Monday, over their hosting of images of an Istanbul prosecutor held at gunpoint by militants last week.
Obama authorizes sanctions for hackers... Facebook Riffs on video apps... Uber takes its fight to Brussels... and more tech news
There's nothing like a brand-new medium to put marketing departments into overdrive, and it would be hard to find a better example than the recent, rapid-fire arrival of live-stream video apps Meerkat and Periscope.
Up Periscope: Twitter answers Meerkat... UN appoints privacy watchdog... Microsoft buys LiveLoop... and more tech news.
Google wants to let you pay bills inside Gmail... Microsoft packages Azure for web, mobile... Dutch utility to try heating with servers... and more tech news.
Twitter has started to let videos play automatically in some people's feeds, in a test that could allow it to make more money from video advertising.
Facebook jumps into P2P payments...GOP tackles FCC chairman over net neutrality...Microsoft says Hello to biometrics... and more tech news.
Twitter has added a tool to help users report abusive content to law enforcement, which could aid in removing the most threatening posts as Twitter ramps up its efforts to combat harassment.
The insight gained from a single tweet might not be worth much, but what about from a million?
Facebook has released a new version of its community standards, defining in detail what it means by offensive content on issues such as nudity, bullying and hate speech.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- New trial on damages ordered in Apple, Smartflash patent dispute
- LG sneaks 4K OLED TVs into stores, from $5999
- Android malware masquerades as Nintendo game emulator
- Lizard Squad hacker draws suspended sentence for online attacks
- Oracle gets September trial date against Rimini Street
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW