Twitter users who thought friends were directing them to a "funny blog" Thursday ended up experiencing something completely different: a phishing scam.
The story is as old as the Web: A social network born among twenty-something college kids and young wired professionals sprouts up, apparently out of nowhere, and grows into a cultural phenomenon. Eventually, it reaches critical mass and explodes, it...
Lately it seems I can't go anywhere without running into a gaggle of social media consultants bloviating about the wonders of social network marketing. Sure, you've seen 'em, too. Slick shake-and-bake "experts" promising to help you leverage the powe...
One of the many luminaries I follow on Twitter is PornStarTweet. (I make these sacrifices just for you, I hope you realize that.) Earlier Friday he/she/them tweeted the following:
Twitter certainly has received a lot of media attention recently, with the Kutcher vs. CNN battle to see who would be the first to have a million followers. Oprah also had a show about the impact of Twitter on people's lives. According to comScore, T...
Despite its growing popularity--thanks to celebrity exposure and the infamy it has gathered from the swine flu debacle--Twitter has exposed the cracks beneath its veneer and shown it is nothing more than a fad. Its services are limited, its fan base...
I joined Twitter in September 2008 to see what all the fuss was about. This, of course, was right in the middle of the economic meltdown, and the US presidential race between Obama and McCain was just heating up, so there was plenty to talk about. Pr...
A Nielsen report this week revealed that Twitter has an uncanny knack for hemorrhaging users. In fact, some 60 percent of new users bail on the service within a month. For those of us who've been tweeting for a couple of years, this isn't exactly a s...
Electronic Arts will make you a star in its upcoming video game The Sims 3 and give you a free copy of every single game EA makes in 2009 if you're Ashton Kutcher's one millionth follower on Twitter. But there's a catch: Kutcher has to beat CNN to t...
As Network World's Alpha Doggs network research blogger, I've been searching Twitter in recent months for vendor, university and government labs and research operations using the popular microblogging service. While I've found a handful, I'm not impr...
If you still think Facebook is for twentysomethings clinging to their college years and Twitter is for people with too much time on their hands announcing what they had for breakfast, think again.
What the average guy might call a con is known in the security world as social engineering. Social engineering is the criminal art of scamming a person into doing something or divulging sensitive information. These days, there are thousands of ways f...
Got e-mail last night from the oh-so-literary indie band The Decemberists informing me that lead singer <a href="http://twitter.com/colinmeloy">Colin Meloy</a> is now twittering. Impressively, his historic first tweet was on Jan. 12 ("is surveying th...
Either your customers already use social networking tools or you have an untapped, online audience.
Web celebrities and gadget gurus keep their followers up to date in 140 characters or less
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Severe vulnerability in Cisco's WebEx extension for Chrome leaves PCs open to easy attack
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
- If we show you how to back up your PC for free, will you finally do it?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTASP.NET Developer - ASP.NET/JQUERY/SQLNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- TPSenior IT ManagerVIC
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- TPSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCData Centre Design Engineer - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD