I joined Twitter in September 2008 to see what all the fuss was about. This, of course, was right in the middle of the economic meltdown, and the US presidential race between Obama and McCain was just heating up, so there was plenty to talk about. Pr...
A Nielsen report this week revealed that Twitter has an uncanny knack for hemorrhaging users. In fact, some 60 percent of new users bail on the service within a month. For those of us who've been tweeting for a couple of years, this isn't exactly a s...
Electronic Arts will make you a star in its upcoming video game The Sims 3 and give you a free copy of every single game EA makes in 2009 if you're Ashton Kutcher's one millionth follower on Twitter. But there's a catch: Kutcher has to beat CNN to t...
As Network World's Alpha Doggs network research blogger, I've been searching Twitter in recent months for vendor, university and government labs and research operations using the popular microblogging service. While I've found a handful, I'm not impr...
If you still think Facebook is for twentysomethings clinging to their college years and Twitter is for people with too much time on their hands announcing what they had for breakfast, think again.
What the average guy might call a con is known in the security world as social engineering. Social engineering is the criminal art of scamming a person into doing something or divulging sensitive information. These days, there are thousands of ways f...
Got e-mail last night from the oh-so-literary indie band The Decemberists informing me that lead singer <a href="http://twitter.com/colinmeloy">Colin Meloy</a> is now twittering. Impressively, his historic first tweet was on Jan. 12 ("is surveying th...
Either your customers already use social networking tools or you have an untapped, online audience.
Web celebrities and gadget gurus keep their followers up to date in 140 characters or less
Coming up with a great technology product or service is only half the battle these days. Creating a name for said product that is at once cool but not too cool or exclusionary, marketable to both early adopters and a broader audience, and, of course,...
Imagine a business tool that lets you broadcast information about your company, listen in on discussions about how people are using your products and what they think of them, and get involved when one of your customers -- or one of your competitors' ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LibreOffice gets major update with version 5, is now Windows 10 compatible
- SDN switches aren't hard to compromise, researcher says
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, August 5
- File sync services provide covert way to control hacked computers
- Samsung adds payments to its smart TVs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW