Twitter users who thought friends were directing them to a "funny blog" Thursday ended up experiencing something completely different: a phishing scam.
The story is as old as the Web: A social network born among twenty-something college kids and young wired professionals sprouts up, apparently out of nowhere, and grows into a cultural phenomenon. Eventually, it reaches critical mass and explodes, it...
Lately it seems I can't go anywhere without running into a gaggle of social media consultants bloviating about the wonders of social network marketing. Sure, you've seen 'em, too. Slick shake-and-bake "experts" promising to help you leverage the powe...
One of the many luminaries I follow on Twitter is PornStarTweet. (I make these sacrifices just for you, I hope you realize that.) Earlier Friday he/she/them tweeted the following:
Twitter certainly has received a lot of media attention recently, with the Kutcher vs. CNN battle to see who would be the first to have a million followers. Oprah also had a show about the impact of Twitter on people's lives. According to comScore, T...
Despite its growing popularity--thanks to celebrity exposure and the infamy it has gathered from the swine flu debacle--Twitter has exposed the cracks beneath its veneer and shown it is nothing more than a fad. Its services are limited, its fan base...
I joined Twitter in September 2008 to see what all the fuss was about. This, of course, was right in the middle of the economic meltdown, and the US presidential race between Obama and McCain was just heating up, so there was plenty to talk about. Pr...
A Nielsen report this week revealed that Twitter has an uncanny knack for hemorrhaging users. In fact, some 60 percent of new users bail on the service within a month. For those of us who've been tweeting for a couple of years, this isn't exactly a s...
Electronic Arts will make you a star in its upcoming video game The Sims 3 and give you a free copy of every single game EA makes in 2009 if you're Ashton Kutcher's one millionth follower on Twitter. But there's a catch: Kutcher has to beat CNN to t...
As Network World's Alpha Doggs network research blogger, I've been searching Twitter in recent months for vendor, university and government labs and research operations using the popular microblogging service. While I've found a handful, I'm not impr...
If you still think Facebook is for twentysomethings clinging to their college years and Twitter is for people with too much time on their hands announcing what they had for breakfast, think again.
What the average guy might call a con is known in the security world as social engineering. Social engineering is the criminal art of scamming a person into doing something or divulging sensitive information. These days, there are thousands of ways f...
Got e-mail last night from the oh-so-literary indie band The Decemberists informing me that lead singer <a href="http://twitter.com/colinmeloy">Colin Meloy</a> is now twittering. Impressively, his historic first tweet was on Jan. 12 ("is surveying th...
Either your customers already use social networking tools or you have an untapped, online audience.
Web celebrities and gadget gurus keep their followers up to date in 140 characters or less
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PowerColor's Radeon RX 470 graphics card is down to $120
- Legendary RPG Planescape: Torment is getting an Enhanced Edition, 17 years later
- GeForce GTX 1060 added to Nvidia's For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands free game bundle
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
- Microsoft OneNote for beginners: Everything you need to know
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTCisco Network Engineer (FIFO)WA
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Security AnalystACT
- FTSenior Performance AnalystQLD
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTC# / ASP.NET DeveloperSA
- CCDocument Scanning OfficerACT
- FTJunior Applications SupportNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FTProgram Learning Capability Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTWorkforce AnalystNSW
- FTProject AnalystACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPMedia AssistantNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTHead of Architecture, Global Financial InstitutionNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD