Despite its growing popularity--thanks to celebrity exposure and the infamy it has gathered from the swine flu debacle--Twitter has exposed the cracks beneath its veneer and shown it is nothing more than a fad. Its services are limited, its fan base...
I joined Twitter in September 2008 to see what all the fuss was about. This, of course, was right in the middle of the economic meltdown, and the US presidential race between Obama and McCain was just heating up, so there was plenty to talk about. Pr...
A Nielsen report this week revealed that Twitter has an uncanny knack for hemorrhaging users. In fact, some 60 percent of new users bail on the service within a month. For those of us who've been tweeting for a couple of years, this isn't exactly a s...
Electronic Arts will make you a star in its upcoming video game The Sims 3 and give you a free copy of every single game EA makes in 2009 if you're Ashton Kutcher's one millionth follower on Twitter. But there's a catch: Kutcher has to beat CNN to t...
As Network World's Alpha Doggs network research blogger, I've been searching Twitter in recent months for vendor, university and government labs and research operations using the popular microblogging service. While I've found a handful, I'm not impr...
If you still think Facebook is for twentysomethings clinging to their college years and Twitter is for people with too much time on their hands announcing what they had for breakfast, think again.
What the average guy might call a con is known in the security world as social engineering. Social engineering is the criminal art of scamming a person into doing something or divulging sensitive information. These days, there are thousands of ways f...
Got e-mail last night from the oh-so-literary indie band The Decemberists informing me that lead singer <a href="http://twitter.com/colinmeloy">Colin Meloy</a> is now twittering. Impressively, his historic first tweet was on Jan. 12 ("is surveying th...
Either your customers already use social networking tools or you have an untapped, online audience.
Web celebrities and gadget gurus keep their followers up to date in 140 characters or less
Coming up with a great technology product or service is only half the battle these days. Creating a name for said product that is at once cool but not too cool or exclusionary, marketable to both early adopters and a broader audience, and, of course,...
Imagine a business tool that lets you broadcast information about your company, listen in on discussions about how people are using your products and what they think of them, and get involved when one of your customers -- or one of your competitors' ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD