Technology journalists are often accused of blowing Twitter out of proportion, and for good reason.
In June, the world watched as tweets from the streets of Tehran flooded Twitter. Frequent Twitter users--and people who hadn't even heard of the microblogging service--were suddenly and simultaneously witnessing its potential.
The French hacker who broke into Twitter's Google Apps and stole more than 300 private company documents has revealed in detail how he did it.
If Twitter is voyeuristic, then TweetPsych takes it to a whole new level. Based on your last thousand tweets (or those of someone you're interested in knowing a deeper understanding of), TweetPsych builds a psychological profile, indicating a score a...
The revelations from the dubiously named Twittergate have been about as exciting as watching wet paint dry.
A recent job posting on Best Buy Co Inc.'s Web site for a Senior Manager - Emerging Media Marketing position based out of the company's corporate headquarters in Richfield, Minn. listed two preferred job qualifications: a graduate degree and 250+ fol...
Despite Twitter's popularity and ballooning public image, the micro-blogging site may never be able to turn a profit. That was the prevailing attitude at Allen & Co's Sun Valley, Idaho media conference, where the topic du jour was Twitter. None of th...
Is Facebook on its last legs? Is it going to pull a MySpace on us? Will Facebook be the Internet's hip site du jour one day, then suddenly lose the love and affection of most of its followers the next? We hope not. But various irritations associated ...
Twitter has been used to fight tyranny, deliver tragic news, follow politics, and now some California residents have found another innovative purpose for the micro-blogging service: marketing weed.
Last week's online protest against Microsoft Outlook is turning out to be a tempest-in-a-Tweet.
Sometimes, it seems scams are becoming almost as common as social media experts on Twitter. The latest one, unleashed Monday morning and initially noticed by tech blog Mashable, centers on a fake blog hosted at the domain twittersblogs.com. Tweets co...
Former Apple Macintosh evangelist Guy Kawasaki posts Twitter messages about a lot of different things, but the message he put up on Tuesday afternoon was really out of character.
Twitter grew faster than any other Web site in May, when its unique visitors rose almost 1,500 percent year-on-year to 18.2 million, according to Nielsen Online.
So you thought Twitter was a waste of time? Just fun and games? Stupid even? Dell doesn't think so.
Microsoft's Xbox is about to get a lot more social. Twitter and Facebook will soon be coming to the system, Microsoft announced Monday, bringing an interactive boost to the entertainment console.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Security Engineer (Aruba ClearPass) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Architect Port MacquarieNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD