In June 2007, Apple released the iPhone, and the device quickly took off to become a major brand in the smartphone market. Yet when the iPhone shipped, security on the mobile operating system was nearly nonexistent. Missing from the initial iOS (then...
Eight percent of online Americans may use Twitter, as the Pew Internet & American Life Project reported on Thursday. But does that mean your small business should use the service in its marketing and communications efforts?
Using Twitter is like being trapped in an elevator with someone who has a severe case of attention deficit disorder and just consumed three pots of truck-stop coffee.
Searching for status updates is not Twitter's forte, so leave it to Google to make its own Realtime Search engine more powerful instead.
Twitter has more than 100 million users, which means you're bound to encounter a lot of noise. You'll find brands hawking their products or services, some users tweeting the mundane details of their everyday lives and spammers insisting you check out...
People just can't get enough of Old Spice Guy's YouTube responses to tweets from everyday users, celebrities, magazines and even Old Spice Guy's alter ego. The Internet meme kicked off last Tuesday when Old Spice's Twitter account was commandeered by...
If there's any correlation between the recently killed Kin and discontinued T-Mobile Sidekick -- aside from Microsoft having a hand in both discontinued phones -- it's that they tried to distinguish themselves from both high-powered smartphones and s...
Twitter is the social networking phenomenon that allows people to express what nobody else cares about in 140 characters or less and share it with the unsuspecting masses. It's like Facebook, minus all the things that make Facebook useful and enterta...
Have you ever found yourself in an unfamiliar city with no clue about where to go and what to see? What if you could just hold up your phone, snap pictures of your surroundings, and discover interesting local restaurants and landmarks? With augmented...
Let's face it; the FIFA World Cup is the world's premier sporting event, bringing millions of people from around the globe together to watch the very best footballers battle it out.
Now that Twitter has begun to display ads--pardon me, Promoted Tweets--in users' search results, the big question is how millions of loyal Twitter fans will respond. Reaction on the micro-blogging site has been muted thus far--more questions than co...
Facebook wants to know "What's on your mind?" Twitter asks "What's happening?" But that's getting old already. The burning question for the next wave of social networking is "Where are you?"--and services like Foursquare, Gowalla, Brightkite, and Loo...
Who knew that "140 characters or less" could change the way people interact?
For a service focused on brevity, Twitter sure is generating an awful lot of in-depth discussion these days.
The most popular Web sites are under increasing pressure to add support for IPv6, a long-anticipated upgrade to IPv4, the Internet's main communications protocol.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
- Finsix Dart-C charger review: Tiny, powerful, and worth the expense
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCIXD/Interaction DesignerVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCUAT Test CoordinatorQLD
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD