Samsung introduced Monday its first smartphone built around the Tizen operating system, with a TV running the OS planned for next year.
Want to see how that coffee machine looks on your counter before you buy it? A crop of startups see a business in helping you visualize.
Google's annual I/O conference for developers takes place next month in San Francisco, and it looks like wearable computing will hog much of the limelight, along with an emphasis on better design.
After disrupting China's smartphone market, local vendor Xiaomi is looking to shake up the tablet space with a new low-price slate set to rival Apple's iPad mini.
AT&T has approached satellite provider DirecTV about a possible acquisition, in a bid to more closely integrate TV and broadband services, according to the Wall Street Journal.
If the U.S. Supreme Court rules that streaming video provider Aereo violates the copyrights of TV networks, it may also put cloud storage services at risk, the company's lawyer argued Monday.
The ability of television viewers to control and watch programs may be at stake when the U.S. Supreme Court hears arguments Tuesday in a copyright infringement case brought by TV networks against Aereo, a service that streams over-the-air television ...
This week on World Tech Update, Google confirmed its acquisition of drone maker Titan Aerospace, a move poised to advance delivery of the company's data services and mapping applications.
Products for creating and distributing 4K content, including cameras that will open the door for live sports and music events, are a hot trend at this week's National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas.
The latest firmware in some Philips smart TV models opens an insecure Miracast wireless network, allowing potential attackers located in the signal range to control the TV remotely and perform unauthorized actions.
Google's multimedia streaming device Chromecast is now available in 11 more countries, including France, Germany and the U.K.
Cable operators Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications have joined forces and formed WifiForward, an organization that will work to protect existing unlicensed frequencies and get lawmakers to free up more spectrum.
App developers can now push their software onto a TV screen using a software development kit that Google is introducing for its Chromecast media streaming device.
Verizon Communications has signed a deal to acquire the assets of Intel Media, developer of the OnCue Cloud TV platform, as it looks to further strengthen its video offering across mobile and fixed networks.
Japan's public broadcaster has successfully broadcast long-distance digital terrestrial signals for its Super Hi-Vision 8K format, sending massive amounts of data over UHF airwaves, but despite this test it's unclear if many Japanese will be watching...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD