While 2016 sucked in many ways, many great things happened in the world of technology. However, there were some absolute shockers too. Here we look at the 10 best technology products of 2016 and follow it with the 10 worst technology products of 2016...
Few tech categories have managed to innovate over the past 10+ years like TVs. Perhaps there was a slight lull in 2015 but otherwise every new year brings a big advance in TV technology.
Flat screen: 55-inches Curved screen: 65-inches
Shops, salespeople and marketing people all have their tricks for making you buy a certain TV. LG, for example, has recently been displaying its OLED TVs side-by-side to competitors in order to show off its fantastic contrast and True Black perform...
Over the past few months we’ve reviewed most of the best TVs on the market. Here we summarize which you should buy next and why. All of these are 4K Ultra High Definition TVs which support High Dynamic Range (unless otherwise stated). They will last ...
Should you buy a UHD TV? What about OLED? Which ecosystem do I want to belong to? Will it work with my smart TV? Does size matter? All this and more answered in our comprehensive TV buying guide.
Panasonic has Samsung and LG in its sights as the company releases 22 televisions this year, of which none are plasma.The new range of televisions eschew plasma panels for those of the LED-backlit LCD variety, but representatives claim they benefit f...
Now that we’ve had a chance to look at both the Panasonic VT30 and the Samsung Series 8 D8000 -- the two best plasma televisions that you can buy today -- we’ve put together a quick comparison for anyone trying to choose between them. Don’t take this...
Samsung has beefed up its connected TV platform considerably as it faces threats from Google, Roku and its fellow television vendors.
Microsoft will reportedly announce a new Windows-based US$200 set-top box using Windows Media Center as its primary interface, according to the Seattle Times.
Google TV's planned fall launch is not news, but given that Google hasn't said much about its television plans since May, it's time for a refresher. Here's a quick rundown of everything to know about Google TV as anticipation grows for the imminent l...
Let's pause for a moment of silence to remember Google Wave, a service that has gone off to greener pastures. Google confirmed the news late yesterday, saying the service hadn't seen the type of user adoption it had been hoping for.
That little Android mascot must be struggling to catch his breath.
After years of anticipation, the 2010 FIFA World Cup is finally set to kick off on 11 June in South Africa. This time around, the tournament is being followed by not only football fans around the world, but also by the global tech community.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
- Google wants to bring smart tools to Raspberry Pi-like boards
- How to create and restore an image backup in Windows 10
- Microsoft revives free Windows 10 upgrade for SMBs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Hadoop, Qlikview, SalesforceNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- FTChange ManagerACT
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD