The punishment AT&T received this week from the U.S. government for its sloppy protection of customer data is peanuts and won't scare other companies into taking stronger security measures, some cybersecurity experts said.
New U.S. government sanctions targeting the bank accounts of suspected cyberattackers raise questions about due process for people who feel they're wrongly accused and about how agencies will identify the source of attacks.
It came as a shock to just about no one in the cybersecurity industry that China has a cyberware unit, which was acknowledged by the government there this week.
In an effort to simplify authentication for its services, Yahoo has introduced a new mechanism that allows users to log in with temporary passwords that are sent to their mobile phones.
An Internet Explorer vulnerability lets attackers bypass the Same-Origin Policy, a fundamental browser security mechanism, to launch highly credible phishing attacks or hijack users' accounts on any website.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerVIC
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW