When it comes to speeding up Web traffic over the Internet, sometimes too much of a good thing may not be such a good thing at all.
Facebook's head of network operations has great expectations for software defined networking (SDN), though he may not be relying on commercial hardware vendors to bring SDN to the social networking giant's own infrastructure.
At the kick-off of its annual VMworld user conference, being held this week in San Francisco, VMware will fill in more layers of its software stack for running its envisioned software defined data center (SDDC).
With more than a billion monthly active users, it's easy to imagine that most of the data travelling over Facebook's networks is delivering photos, status updates and "likes" to its end users, but that's far from the case.
WAN optimization vendor Silver Peak last week announced a service that it proclaims speeds data transfers into Amazon's cloud by 100 times compared to not using Silver Peak's deduplication system.
Major Websites are to test Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) by participating in World IPv6 Day, scheduled for June 8. Google, Facebook, and Yahoo, among others, have agreed to ensure that IPv6 entrances to their sites will be available, along wi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW