A Windows 8.1-based hybrid product that can be used equally well as a tablet or as a notebook
It's too small to do anything useful, and perhaps a little overpriced, too
The Toshiba Encore is an 8in tablet that runs the full version of Microsoft's Windows 8.1 operating system
A good all-round, home entertainment based notebook, but it does have a few issues
A slim and attractive external hard drive that's a great companion for an Ultrabook
Toshiba's KIRA offers everything we want in an Ultrabook, we just wish it wasn't so loud
A 17.3in notebook with lots of style and plenty of speed, but it could use improvements in some areas
Toshiba's 14in touchscreen notebook has lots of storage space and good performance, but falls short in a few key areas
The Satellite L850 is a good all-rounder, but it's perhaps a little too expensive for what it is
This Windows 8 hybrid Ultrabook is a tablet that can be transformed into a laptop thanks to a sliding screen mechanism
Toshiba Tablet (AT100) review: A 10.1in Android tablet with full sized HDMI and USB ports, and a removable battery
Toshiba Regza 46WL700A review: An LED TV that can do 3D but lacks built-in Web features
Toshiba NB550 netbook review: AMD Fusion-powered netbook with HDMI port
Toshiba Satellite A660/07R (PSAW3A-07R00R) review: A 3D gaming notebook for early adopters
Toshiba Portege R700 (PT311A-00J00Q) review: A thin and light 13.3in laptop with great performance
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, July 29
- Russian hackers use Twitter to mask sneaky data theft
- Ink-shooting game 'Splatoon' helps power Nintendo to profit
- On your mark, get set, update! Windows 10 is here
- Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC