Toshiba has become the latest storage vendor to build Opal Security Subsystem Class (Opal SSC) specification into its self-encrypting drive (SED) for PCs and laptops, the MKxx61GSYD.
U.K.-based consumer electronics vendor Dixon's Retail on Monday confirmed that is has pulled Toshiba's Folio 100 tablet from store shelves because of high return rates.
The MacBook Air's most slimming component isn't so unique anymore.
Toshiba America Electronic Components on Monday announced <a href="http://bit.ly/bcdSfW">a series of solid state drives</a> with a new form factor that's 42% smaller than today's mini-SATA or mSATA SSD modules.
Toshiba on Thursday started shipping its Folio 100 tablet, which has a powerful dual-core processor and full high-definition graphics capabilities -- features designed to outperform Apple's iPad.
Three unlikely bedfellows have joined forces to halve the size of the technology used to make NAND flash chips and microprocessors in an effort to vastly increase the density and capacity of solid-state drives (SSDs) and create faster CPUs that use l...
After facing virtually no competition for months after releasing the iPad, Apple's dominant market share faces a challenge as consumers consider purchasing tablets that could be viable iPad alternatives.
Toshiba is readying two 3D televisions that can produce images with the illusion of depth but don't require the user to wear glasses, it said Monday. It will launch the televisions in Japan in December. By dispensing with glasses, the TVs answer a ke...
Toshiba will unveil a 3D TV on Monday that doesn't require the viewer to wear glasses.
After some 15 years of half-hearted efforts, misguided designs, and broken promises, the age of the tablet is dawning at last.
Just when it appears Android 2.2 is ready to leap from smartphones to tablets, Google steps up and casts aspersions on its mobile operating system - at least for now.
Toshiba is the latest laptop vendor to fall victim to overheating technology. The recall of approximately 41,000 laptops resulting from more than 100 reports of melting laptop cases and minor injuries follows similar issues and recalls from other lap...
The U.S. and Canadian governments this week said that Toshiba is voluntarily recalling some Satellite laptops for posing a burn hazard to customers.
Canon decided on Tuesday to liquidate a subsidiary developing a flat-panel display technology called SED, effectively bringing to an end once high hopes that the screens would replace LCD panels and plasma displays in living room TVs.
Toshiba will detail a breakthrough in data storage later Wednesday that it says paves the way for hard drives with vastly higher capacity than today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC