Sales of 3D television sets and handheld devices will surge this year after a weak start in 2010 as manufacturers step up production and marketing, an analyst said on Thursday.
Apple Computer stands to lose its No. 1 rank in mobile PC sales this year as Hewlett-Packard and even Motorola eat into its market share, research firm DisplaySearch said late Tuesday.
Rising world oil prices threaten to raise the cost of consumer electronics and slow development by forcing Asian manufacturers to spend more on transportation and raw materials, regional economists say.
Toshiba joined the likes of Samsung and Motorola and unveiled a 10.1-inch Android Honeycomb tablet at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Arriving sometime in the first half of 2011,Toshiba's unnamed tablet focuses on media capabilities, all push...
Toshiba will launch its upcoming tablet computer in Europe and the Middle East in addition to North America, it said Tuesday.
In a sign of the times for solid-state drive (SSD) popularity, Violin Memory today announced that it has received $35 million in series B investment funding, lead by top investors Toshiba and Juniper Networks.
Toshiba will launch a tablet later this year that includes a 10.1-inch screen and a replaceable battery, according to a company website previewing the device.
Toshiba has announced two new netbooks: the Toshiba NB500 and the Toshiba NB550D. Both netbooks weigh 1.35kg, feature a 10.1in screen and a 6-cell battery, and will be available in various colours -- orange, blue, copper brown, lime green, and black ...
IBM earned more U.S. patents in 2010 than any other company, topping the list of patent winners for the 18th year in a row.
The "Avatar effect" that was supposed to make 3D TV so popular last year failed to materialize, but manufacturers, ever optimistic, say a wider selection of films and some modest technology improvements should make 2011 a better year.
Toshiba isn't the only notebook maker jumping headfirst into the tablet melee. But it is the company with the most history in portable products taking the plunge.
Toshiba will join the tablet race later this year with an Android-powered computer based on an Nvidia Tegra processor, it said Tuesday. The device, which doesn't yet have a name, was one of several shown Tuesday in Las Vegas on the eve of the Consume...
Toshiba will show its no-glasses 3D television for the first time outside of Japan in January at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Toshiba announced its first enterprise-class solid state drives (SSDs), which boast data transfer rates of up to 510MB/sec.
Toshiba could lose up to a fifth of the NAND flash memory chips it was making for delivery early next year, after a momentary power glitch caused its production line to halt. But the problem shouldn't have a long-term effect on chip prices, which cou...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW