In the world of 4K television -- that's TV with four times the resolution of today's high-def sets -- size is king, because you really need a big screen to benefit from all those extra pixels. But at this year's IFA consumer electronics show Toshiba ...
Toshiba has kicked off a project that is the first step toward a new type of memory chip that could provide vastly greater capacity at a lower cost for digital gadgets such as cameras, smartphones and tablets.
Some of the biggest names in hard disk drives will band together this week to remind the world that storage isn't all about flash.
Mere days after Microsoft was forced to slash the price of the Surface RT in an attempt to move more of the moribund tablets, Windows RT has received yet another no-confidence vote: Asus plans to pull back from the mobile-focused platform.
If it wasn't already apparent, next-generation Windows RT tablets are not getting support from any tablet maker other than Microsoft itself.
Toshiba has two new thin laptops, including one that is tuned so users can use voice commands to post messages on social networks, search the Web or listen to music.
Toshiba will soon launch the world's fastest SD cards, which will offer write speeds of up to 240MB/s.
Toshiba has today announced that its Portege Z10t will be the first Windows 8-based Ultrabook/tablet device to incorporate 4G connectivity. Toshiba has partnered with Telstra to offer the new tablet for three months on a range of plans from its launc...
Toshiba said it will soon begin mass producing a new type of 64Gbit NAND flash that is the smallest and fastest in its class, though it still lags rival Samsung Electronics in the development of an even denser flash technology.
Toshiba has just shown off its KIRA Ultrabook, which is a premium Windows 8 Pro-based laptop aimed at users who want something more than a standard, cheap-as-chips laptop. The new laptop costs $1799 in its most basic form (for the Core i5 model) and ...
Toshiba plans to expand its tablet offerings in the U.S. later this year as it explores more screen sizes and price points.
Toshiba is set to launch a portable USB hard drive that comes with PC or Mac software that can turn it into an Internet-accessible file server.
Toshiba has unveiled the KIRA Ultrabook, which is described as being the company's first "high resolution premium Ultrabook". It's a 13.3in Ultrabook with a reported screen resolution of 2560x1440 pixels. That gives it a pixel density that is only sl...
Security company Maz Encryption Technologies sued seven large technology companies for allegedly infringing on several of its security patents. The suits target security technology used in the iPhone and iPad as well as the BlackBerry Enterprise Solu...
Toshiba plans to add something new to the tiny cameras in smartphones -- depth.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia