A new wave of devices designed to feed information on our wellbeing are hitting shop shelves. The collated information is teaching us more about how we eat, sleep, exercise and more. Some simply provide the little push we need to get off the couch an...
If you're looking to buy a dedicated GPS navigation device, you'll quickly discover that every manufacturer offers an almost dizzying array of products -- each with slightly different features. The challenge, then, is to determine which features are ...
It's that time of year again, with retailers slashing prices in preparation for Christmas. We've done some research for you and compiled the best GPS navigation units that have been heavily discounted this holiday season.
You've done your Christmas shopping and bought too much chocolate for Easter. It's hard to believe we're already in late April, but why not help your getaway planning this long weekend with a new GPS unit!
It's hard to believe Easter has crept up upon us already; it only seems like yesterday that we were doing our Christmas shopping! As Easter comes around, so do more holidays — and any time off work or school gets a big tick from us!
As Nokia takes on Google with turn-by-turn voice navigation on select smartphones, the worst nightmares of GPS device makers are coming true.
GPS navigation using mobile phones and smartphones is nothing new, but Apple's popular iPhone has made it much more common. With its built-in GPS receiver and a dedicated GPS navigation app, an iPhone can be used as a handy portable navigation unit.
With Christmas just around the corner, now is the time to start your long shopping list. We can hear you gritting your teeth already -- we hate the Christmas shopping crowds too. So why not beat the retail rush and grab a great bargain by shopping on...
Have you ever wondered why many people refuse to ask for directions but are completely at ease with using a GPS navigation device? Is it the fact that a GPS unit won't judge them for not knowing their way around? Is it because a GPS unit won't snigge...
Does your dad pride himself on being a great driver? He probably thinks that he knows his way around town without a street directory. No matter whether he’s a top driver (or thinks he may be), he isn't as directionally capable as a GPS unit!
TomTom's new GPS navigation application for the iPhone may sound appealing, but it's true cost and capabilities are still a mystery. The app costs $100 and allows the iPhone to function as a real-time navigation device that provides turn-by-turn dire...
The new TomTom app that turns an iPhone into a turn-by-turn GPS navigation system spells the beginning of the end for standalone GPS. Not everywhere, but at least on dashboards, where a smartphone can now do everything a GPS can do and cost less than...
TomTom's turn-by-turn direction iPhone application, which was unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Monday, has been met with much enthusiasm. The company's stock price increased by 17 percent after TomTom co-founder and CTO Peter-Frans...
TomTom and Navman are two of the best known GPS brands, and for good reason: both companies make great quality GPS devices that are easy to use. However, when it comes to choosing between the brands, just picking your favourite of the two won't neces...
The Linux community has a message to Microsoft: Back off
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
- Logitech G213 Prodigy review: An ambitious keyboard that's oversized and overpriced
- Razer Ornata review: An expensive rubber-dome keyboard that comes with a mechanical click
- Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC review: Proof that size matters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTMicrosoft SQL DBAVIC
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW